WD40

Graphite

But Graphite is non perishable so lubrication may last long.
Right / wrong ?
And, I remember you every time I open my X door. (Hava nagila)
Every time I have a passenger I go through the full explanation, so basically you are fairly eternal over here.

I guess it depends on the application. I've used it in some circumstances and it works well, in others - not so much.

I've used somea synthetics from a German company called Tunap that seem to last a long time.

I use WD40 for a lot of other things, like label removal (residue), etc etc.. cut it with Varsol, and it makes for a good cleaner/degreaser that leaves the part somewhat protected.

Sounds like a chronic condition...

Me thinks. Ha!

I think the graphite helps extend the lubricity.

I was wondering if you actually installed that little door chime Herzel...
I was going to build another but haven't gotten to it yet.

As for the door, I still remember crating that up... :) Glad you got good use out of it.

50u85.jpg

And for those who don't know what we're talking about... (door chime)

1y18.jpg

door chime and door

All OK Bob and we are fine (the car and me).
BTW, I believe that at 76.5 years old I earned the title of most senior Xer on the forum.
Am I getting a medal or something, or maybe some reduction of membership fees...
And we are under rocket attack again. Tonight I'm going to sleep in the hard room.

You take care Herzel

I'd surely like to see all that trouble in your back yard come to an end.
(as I'm sure you would)

Yes, I think you are our most senior.
Being our eldest has it's privileges. From now on, just for you, access to X-Web is completely free. :grin: :devil:

Indeed, in regard to the trouble, take care.

Welcome to full AARP status on the forum :) Well deserved :thumbsup:

It evaporates very quickly in open air. Displaces water. Removes grease. And mixed with chainsaw bar oil is a long lasting rust proofer

I've been watching and praying for you lately Herzel...

Yur always welcome to spend the weekend with us ya know... Love to have ya.

How great Bob, how comforting.

I am going for dinner over to my kids, I'll tell all about it to me grands (4).

Actual reason

for bringing this up is a bit trivial.
As I was doing some work on WhiteX I came to think - maybe I should lub my ratchet tools. I used WD40 and hance the question.
Thanks all you guys.

Door chime

Sorry for the delay Spiderrey.
Many moons ago I was hit broaside and my D.S. door was smashed. Our Bob Brown was so kind to donate a complete door assembly and added a door chime to go with it.
You know that when you open the door and the key is in there is a chime. Well, mine now plays "Hava Nagila" which is a popular Israeli song.
And this is the chime story...

I really like WD for cleaning tools, especially damp ones, because it removes grease and displaces water... :hammer:

I would NEVER use it for lubricating a rotating assembly I cared about. There are much better products for that.

It also makes your engine compartment including plastic bits look awesome..

A prime ingredient in WD-40 is fish oil

Back