Genetic material transplant - what have I DONE?!

EricH

Eric Hamilton
Last week I was getting our family's beater Saturn SL1 (20 years old, 225K+ miles, headliner gone, interior shot, five-plus years as a college-town beater) ready to pass its annual inspection - and the horn didn't work. This car is far past the point of spending money on it so I...

...wired in an original X1/9 horn from a '74 I parted out years ago. It seemed like a good idea at the time, but now the Saturn has started cussing in Italian and trying to rev to 7000 RPM. Is this reversible, or have I created the automotive equivalent of the Brundlefly?

Run for the hills man!!!

Eric, you mad scientist, you've created a chimera. Once the process has been started it can't be reversed!!! Haven't you ever watched those C grade sci-fi movies that run after midnight?

:devil:

Just take it back to the dealer.

No sweat on this one Eric, simple answer really, take that Saturn back to the dealer for repairs. :devil:

Last week I was getting our family's beater Saturn SL1 (20 years old, 225K+ miles, headliner gone, interior shot, five-plus years as a college-town beater) ready to pass its annual inspection - and the horn didn't work. This car is far past the point of spending money on it so I...

...wired in an original X1/9 horn from a '74 I parted out years ago. It seemed like a good idea at the time, but now the Saturn has started cussing in Italian and trying to rev to 7000 RPM. Is this reversible, or have I created the automotive equivalent of the Brundlefly?

It might be a rare case of rejection but give it a little time to settle in. Every car in my family has fiat parts on them. My 70 Land Cruiser has a fiat overflow tank, rubber shifter boots, and two electric radiator fans. There are some other small parts that I can't think of right now. My son's 86 Dodge slant six is running a 32 datra progressive Webber carb and some miscellaneous switches. They have been doing fine for a few years now.

Back