US source for silicone radiator hoses?

but summer was full on so I had to forge ahead with creating my own.

It looks like you will still have to neck the heater hose down to a much smaller diameter to feed it into one of the two smaller holes. Surprisingly, this does not seem to affect the cabin heating function very much. At least not here in Texas... :)

What's the plan to plumb lines into those holes in that piece? NPT tap them for a nipple?

Pete

Already tapped and ready. My mig bit the dust over the weekend so I had to drop it at a shop to weld the 1 3/8 tube on this afternoon. While I was there I asked what it would $ to re-do the entire thing in aluminum. $80.00 was the quote. I may just have him make one.

I am wondering also if I have enough room to open those holes up to fit the stock size heater hoses rather than step the hose down? I won't have that piece back till next week I think. I also asked my guy to add the hole tapped to fit the stock temp sender to the outlet piece that attaches to the head.

Last edited:
By my memory...

I am wondering also if I have enough room to open those holes up to fit the stock size heater hoses rather than step the hose down?

The hole or holes in that location have to be kept small. The fabbed manifold piece itself could have a larger hole, but when you hold it up to the water pump housing it bolts to, you will see that half the larger hole is covered anyway. The smaller hole in that location will be completely uncovered.

Pete

Making progress...

I have the geometry done and lines roughed in for the thermostat, water pump plate, etc.

Here are some pics:

IMG_00080.jpg

IMG_00082.jpg

I need to finish the heater core and overflow tank lines. Getting there...

I am trying Pete. I was hoping next time the engine goes in, it would be the last time. But I need to double check a few fitment issues with other bits including the throttle body extended tube I am waiting to weld together.

I also need to weld together the customized bracket for the shifter cables. I may do that tonight.

Never enough time in the day...

Things get very tight when it drops in the car. Do everything you can now to prove out fitment. :laugh:

Pete

Now imagine a supercharger and ATW intercooler installed in front of the cooling system!

Yes, it does get terribly tight in there. And I was always inclined to tuck the cooling system as much as possible in order to achieve a cleaner engine bay, which made front-of-engine fitment of cooling system parts even worse.

Back