What did you do to your X1/9 today ?

great work, Tim!

Me, I had mine flatbedded into Modern Classics in Sacramento... so far, ignition module and they mentioned suspicion of bad exhaust manifold leak. Awaiting word of total $$$ damage.

Me, I had mine flatbedded into Modern Classics in Sacramento... so far, ignition module and they mentioned suspicion of bad exhaust manifold leak. Awaiting word of total $$$ damage.

Let's hope its not too much :( Are you installing stock computer or hondata and if the latter, will MC in Sac tune it for you?

Can't wait to see how it turns out...

hope a louder horn helps.

I just put a louder horn on my car a few hours ago. Went to the post office this Am. and had a %#! lady back into the back of my X19. I was lucky that no real damage was done to the car. She was getting into her car as I pulled into the spot behind her. I was sitting about ten feet behind her with the rear of my car pointed toward the rear of her car and my car shut off. She had plenty of space ahead of her to pull forward but for some reason decided to backup. I saw her coming and popped it in neutral and let of the parking brake while laying on the horn which was a stock feeble sounding thing of the past now. I could barely hear the darn thing myself so I know she couldn't. When she hit me I bounced forward alleviating a lot of the impact.
She got me on the towing/tie down with her plastic bumper. It took some yellow paint off which was neatly imbedded into the divot left in her bumper. Needles to say I was a bit upset but after close inspection decide she got the worst of it so I told her it was her lucky day because she didn't break anything on my car and to get out of my sight. After the post office I went directly to my local NAPA store and bought a louder horn which I installed as soon as I got home. I hope I will never need it in such a capacity again but if I do I hope it is loud enough to be noticed.

Went for a nice drive in the series 1 down the south coast from Sydney. Funny I keep taking pictures of my X1/9 at the same location.
It looks remote but it's just the side of a road.

It's the middle of winter and its 20 degrees (68 Fahrenheit)
Got to love winter down under.

Series 1 (today)
IMG_3744.jpg

Series 2
IMG_2922.jpg

Series 3
IMG_8626.jpg

valve cover art

ok I am going to steal your idea of the bucking jackass emblem on the valve cover. LOVE IT***

Odie

MOT

Took mine for it's MOT today....it failed! Sill needs patching. MOT guy said once they start welding it's a case of where do you stop. Suggested I just get it patched and sell. Found a garage who is going to patch it, but feeling a little down. think this is going to be a labour of love! Shame, she's running so sweetly.

Took mine for it's MOT today....it failed! Sill needs patching. MOT guy said once they start welding it's a case of where do you stop. Suggested I just get it patched and sell. Found a garage who is going to patch it, but feeling a little down. think this is going to be a labour of love! Shame, she's running so sweetly.

That really sucks. I find it interesting that we don't have that level of inspection here in the US, at least as far as I know. In California, inspection is lamp & brake (includes tire inspection) and then the emissions test and that is only under new title registration. Annual and semi annual inspection are just emissions.

Single-rail bumper and euro signal light conversion...

Finished what will be a temporary conversion for this particular car, but something to make it look a little better for the time being (doing the euro 1300 signal conversion led to to the solution for a problem I'd been having on another X where a previous owner had done the signal conversion already, but turn indicator in the dash would only blink once when turning on the turn signals - using the right bulbs makes all the difference! :) )

5A345847-3867-4D7A-A5ED-00C9324100EF.jpg

B9AAECDD-3F66-48C6-96E9-338A0335C1E8.jpg

7F5C5C78-211D-483E-8C3A-9E4FDEA01414.jpg

-Brett

Saw the license plate. Made me think of years ago when my wife and I had an enjoyable day driving all the way around Crater Lake in or Fiat stopping at every pull out to feed the Chipmunks and take in the beautiful scenery.

LED interior lights

Finally finished installing all LED lights in the interior of the car, including all instrument lights and gauges, switch LEDs (headlight switch, hazards, rear defroster etc) installed with super bright 3mm LEDs and resistors following Bob Browns guide, heater controls, interior door light and the voltmeter in place of the clock with inline switch to turn it on and off.
Made a large difference to the interior of the car, as when I got the car most lights were either blown or missing bulbs all together, and some not even plugged in.
Couple pics to show how it looks now (sorry for the crappy camera phone)

IMG_20140804_214815.jpg

(managed to get a pic of the indicator. its super bright!)
IMG_20140804_214847.jpg

IMG_20140804_214759.jpg

IMG_20140804_214744.jpg

Interior all put back together, can finally drive the car on the weekends now. Still a couple issues to sort out with the right front brake (suspect hose collapsing) and have to do some mods to make my giant body fit in the car better :mallet:

Inspiration

Sunday evening (8/10/13) I took a nice drive with top off to a spot called inspiration point. The road is a nice stretch with some turns a couple of which are fairly tight. Got behind a Wall-mart truck whose driver must have been from California going up one grade because he pulled over and let me by. That is practically unheard of here in Arkansas. Any way as I passed I gave a couple of short toots of my new horn and my wife and I both stuck our hands up and gave a big wave. About ten miles of lazy bends in the road and we pulled off at the point. We were standing at the rail overlooking the White River watching the sun set when a few minutes later the Wal-Mart truck went by and honked and waved. As the sun glinted off beaver lake that pours through the dam of the same name into the White River we climbed back into my little X19 and headed back the way we came. The ride home was great. 18 miles to the edge of town with out one car in front of me. Usually there is some touron that is scared of the windey roads and driving with their foot on the brakes up hill and down. Going back I got to hit the switch backs going down hill. That can be fun but we survived making it home safe and in one piece.

Swapped out (kinda) the red interior

(to dragonsgate - I love Crater Lake, it's like 4-5 hours away, just far enough that I don't go there for years at a time, but its so beautiful!)

The previous owner put red seats and door cards in my car because the original blue seats were ruined. I've never cared for blue and red, and indeed, last weekend at the car show I entered, I had someone approach me and ask if the car was originally red in color because of the seats. So, I finally installed some black vinyl seat covers and cut speaker holes in the blue door cards which had come along with the car. BIG IMPROVEMENT!

Before:
photo2.jpg

After:
7B44394F-7FF0-4DD3-B3BD-CFDF04ABD130.jpg

Well, to be technically accurate, the "red" seat skins are called "burgundy" by Bertone and when new (like the ones in the top pic) are much more of a deep burgundy wine color.

Your interior pics indicate the car is an '87, which if I am correct did not come with the burgundy cloth interior...'86 is the last year for the burgundy. The grayish cloth interior native to the early and mid '87s goes better IMO with the typical '87 colors of red, black, light blue and the special red mica and blue mica paints.

The multi-color cloth used in the last run of cars goes well with those colors too.

tsimi

is this the todd simi ,from Cochran and celli fame, who's dad steve owned the store in the 80's??????
this is mike moiso who your dad and roger reigert called their "bantey rooster" in parts.
e mail me!!
mikemo90*aol.com

mods on red demon

red demon is her new nickname as I am about to inherit what is to become black beauty soon. got the rear flairs on and smoothing them out with some bondo and f'glass. should be ready for "arrest me red!" paint next weekend. doors done, just have to "level" the hood to get all the lines correct.
mikemo90*aol.com

Back