My Project : Fiat X1/9 "Lido"

Tony

I think to post all updates in one thread is better. :)

Thank you for your advise, but the door cards are not that good condition. They have some tear and rag.
Anyway, I will try to use this dye technic to restore this part ... :thumbsup:

img_4449mediuddm.jpg

Toon, that ought to work OK... The dyes...

usually cover extremely well (using 2 or 3 light coats) but will not REPAIR anything...

I've covered a dark grey armrest with a light "sand" or tan color and was amazed how well it worked.

As for the single post... I see a lot of folks doing that but it makes it difficult for the reader. Its hard to find the last response at times or address an issue you may be having.

I don't see the "better" in this... but do as you like. Looking forward to seeing you again on your NEXT trip out west...

Toon,

Looking better every photo you post. If that baby is a newborn in the family, congratulations and look forward to enjoy seeing his/her development into a small person.

Mike

WOW Toon... so many GREAT things happening in your life!

Congratulations!

Most importantly though... (just kidding...) that interior... WOWOW.

I'd keep the plastic on it until you find some disposable jumpsuits to wear every time you get into that car! HA!

Secondly... consider this... Wrapping or painting that steering wheel and shift knob in WHITE as well.

My Corvette's interior was converted to ALL BLACK by one of the POs and I really wanted to convert it all to RED... but it had too many BLACK BEZELS and stuff it would have made it a "tri-color" car and that just did not set well with me.

ALL BLACK was just too much though and I came up with the idea of a WHITE steering wheel and shift knob which were the major "control surfaces" your hands were always touching. This brought the exterior color inside a bit and give the impression that it all BELONGS together.

Not to be critical, but looking at your photos, it "appears" to me that the steering wheel and shift knob were something ADDED to the car that didn't necessarily belong with it. See if you agree and think about it. A WHITE LEATHER wrapped wheel and shift knob I think would be a great touch... like we say here, "the cherry on top".

As always... great work and I enjoy seeing your progress!

By the way... Toon... what shall we call that beautiful boy of yours?

(KEEP IT SHORT AND EASY TO SAY FOR THE REST OF US!!!)

Would you also PM me with your home address as I would like to send a little something your way...

(natolial(at)pacbell.net)

Thank you everyone. :)

His name is "Nawamin" or just "Min"

I try my best to keep it original look, Lido.
BTW, I will find a jumpsuit Tony. Ha ha. :excited:

My address's PM'ed. :)

pressebild_2.jpg

pressebild_1.jpg

Interior ... :)
img_5553medium.jpg

img_5554medium.jpg

The engine ...
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HYzSQ9d8_s"]Fiat X1/9 Lido - Run! - YouTube[/ame]

Black or Red? :excited:
img_5557medium.jpg

img_5558medium.jpg

Hey Toon... I'll give ya $1000 bucks for that Speedster...

HA!

I don't necessarily like them but if all original, I could buy a HUGE YACHT with one!

How's Min and fatherhood going?

HA!

I don't necessarily like them but if all original, I could buy a HUGE YACHT with one!

How's Min and fatherhood going?

Hi Tony,

That Porsche 356 is all original except the hardtop ... unfortunately it's not mine. Ha Ha! :wall:

Min and my fatherhood are growing up together. :innocent:

... Min with his favorite blanket. :music:
123035.jpg

Have a nice day!
Toon

That's a good lookin' kid

Toon, you're a lucky man.

Mine are all grown up. Now it's the grand-kids that get all the attention. Just like Papa Tony.

Back