How's yer BobG Radiator working?

Installed MIne Yesterday

Fit like a glove!

I am about 2 week-ends away from sparking up the motor for the first time in over a year! I hope to put any and all cooling issues aside: New rad, water pump, hoses, t-stat, head gasket, drive belt setup for crank-pump-alt.

I will make the Boston show this year!

I am not worthy...

FYI: After driving with my homemade fans/brackets, I've ditched them in favor of the ones I purchased from BobG.

As many in this forum advised, the two fans with shrouds can more effectively pull more air across the radiator in stop and go traffic.

I figured my fans without shrouds would be adequate for this purpose, and allow more air to flow freely thru the rad at road speeds.

While both statements are true, keeping the radiator cool at road speeds is easy-peasy with the BobG radiator -- even with the fans/shrouds installed and operating at 90+ degrees the rad can easily keep up with the cooling duties. But the shrouded fans work faster at cooling the radiator in stop-and-go conditions than mine did.

Another issue JJ... That shrouded fan you currently...

have installed is not directing the air UP... but forcing the air against the rear of the car and it now hasta BEND up, and then out.

A better idea would be to mount two fans FLUSH with that radiator... and even better it they were shrouded... Just so they allow the air to go straight up and out when you have the holes cut in the lid.

Don't forget to add COOLANT, Joe... Ask here for...

1000 different opinions on which one is best!

HA!

I just picked up an idea I hadn't thought of in a long time... I generally use the LEAST expensive (imagine that???) coolant I can find as I have had so many "automatic-high-pressure" changes from time to time... but I'm pretty sure I can take it a step farther now...

I think I will continue with the Brand X coolants but fill the remainder of the system with DISTILLED water by the gallon, from WalMart.

I think that will really help as my tap water has twice the allowable mineral deposits as normal. Just a thought.

Congrats on getting this car together... please SEND fotos, dammit!

Back