Discussion forum dead?

?
The last post in there was yesterday just before 9 am.

So not dead, just not well attended at the moment

Every morning I open the forum and read those posts that interest me. It has been a long time since I have asked for help or shared information and the reason is that the Queen looks good and runs well. Rest assure that this is the forum I go to when and if I need X19 knowledge and information.

Activity here is about the same or a tad stronger than on Mirafiori or spider.com. If you want constant chatter you need to go to Miata forum!

If you go on any of the Fiat forums you will see a core of folks who post and it's not exactly a large pool of people.

lets make sure we all STAY

This is was somewhat the reason of my previous posting...

http://xwebforums.com/forum/index.php?threads/31159/

It's tough to explain, but let's try to make sure we all stay. I only wish I was more of a contributor than a "taker" but I don't have the deep knowledge.

A stupid thought... Any chance to sort of expand the site membership. Possibly partner with a vendor to include a little slip of paper in parts shipments? I know this may be a really bad idea, but just trying to think creatively.

Last edited by a moderator:
?
The last post in there was yesterday just before 9 am.

So not dead, just not well attended at the moment
Right. This is an X1/9 forum. It's a miracle one even exists! That there are new posts everyday = raging success!

I reached out to Herzel via PM

I am beginning to think Herzel has fallen victim to the DF failures others have reported recently when using anything but the "Linear Mode" to view the DF.

I made things worse for him by moving his WF post into the DF (another member sent in a moderation request to have it moved). So Herzel tried posting in Memorials, probably because he could no longer see the post I moved into DF. :clap: :(

Hopefully he will see my PM and we can find out what the true issue is. I am betting he isn't concerned about lack of content, he just can't see the DF at all.

Don't think so...

Amount of new thread activity goes up and down but when you consider all the different options for posting the Xweb is a vibrant forum. Can't say for certain what the demographic make up looks like but through interpolation and the fact that most folks who ever bought an X new would, how shall we say? A bit more established? We all probably remember, fondly, when we got our parts mail-order vs web based interactions. No matter how comprehensive the web site maybe there will never be a site that delivers better customer service than a knowledgeable representative fielding a parts call. That ought to get things fired up! This is my cyber footprint and if it goes I will be off grid. Many of the rest of us may be less inclined to build our day around the forum so although I think I only posted one unanswered thread most are answered very quickly especially when you consider the geographic breadth of the membership. In most of the US or really US and CAN we are at peak enjoyment season and our friends down under are coming out of winter? So we might just be out driving more and posting less! Same goes for across the pond. Cooler and inclement weather should bring an uptick in participation. I sometimes do not post fora couple reasons:
Not sure which section to post to or I figure the problem out as I described it in post.
Some of my more "creative" fixes lead me to not suggest for fear of being called down... this has never happened here nor do I think it would but I just need to worry less about it and chime in. Will work on that.
As for vendors participating it is good but I can't imagine it is comfortable for said vendors as any little thing taken wrong has a potential to do harm to the business they work so hard to build.
I have had the occasion to deal with all current as well as a few past and they are all working hard to enable us to keep driving these cars we are addicted to and in doing so they get to do what I expect they love.
People get their feelings scrapped from time to time maybe rightfully but most times they are reading something extra into a post or a thread move but at the end of the day even if they go away... they will come back and if not I will still get my answers or give them for that matter. That is the nature of human/cyber interaction.
See you more when I am not out driving!
Regards

Amount of new thread activity goes up and down... In most of the US or really US and CAN we are at peak enjoyment season and our friends down under are coming out of winter? So we might just be out driving more and posting less! Same goes for across the pond. Cooler and inclement weather should bring an uptick in participation.

See you more when I am not out driving!

Along those lines we (I mean someone with website experience) should add a feature to the site that tracks traffic year round though the years. I know it's possible since each thread is already counted for views and replies. But a visual graph divided into months or the almost continuous curve of 365 days in a year could be interesting.

Who knows maybe it's late fall that has the highest traffic as members put their babies up for the snowy season with optimism and jump straight into the winter projects. Maybe it's spring as we find out that the ambitious fall projects took way too long and or stumped us throughout most of the winter. Or maybe it's summer when the emergencies arise during a weekend cruise and we desperately want to solve the issue and get the X back on the road.

Unfortunately my project covers all these and more as it's been 3 years now with college and all. :-(

Here's to looking forward to the upcoming winter rush as it doesn't change the amount of driving in the X I get to experience.

Andrew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As was mentioned earlier, my X runs pretty good so this is mostly a social site and I have been busy with other stuff. Search is awesome, and it's fun to see others working on projects. Even though I seldom post, I lurk regularly and keep an eye on the FS/wanted.

Back