Race Seats?

Fiat Kathy

Daily Driver
I know there has been a lot of discussion about seats here before but I haven't seen anything current so I'm throwing this out here.

What are the best options for race seats for an 80 X1/9? Don't want go broke on this.....

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

What kind of "racing" ?

We ordered a custom KIRKEY seat seat some years ago for the NA miata track day car, about $400, worked out good... for one specific driver.
https://www.kirkeyracing.com/form/custom-seat-order-form

Beyond that a 5 point harness with shoulder belts designed for the Hans device.

DO NOT USE A 4 point harness, the lap belt will climb up the driver's chest causing serious or fatal internal injuries in a crash. This is why 4 point belts have been banned years ago.

Use only 5 or 6 point FIA / SFI certified belts within 5 years from the date of manufacture. There are very specific guide lines and load transfer locations that must be followed when race belts are fitted into a race car. Doing it wrong can result in belt failure, serious injury beyond injuries due to the crash or death.

When the seat and belt mounting was designed and built, the strength of mounting point HAD to be strong enough to withstand more than 6,000 pounds of loading. Strength of seat mounting and belt mounting pints are absolute when it comes to driver safety. SAE spec for seat belt bolts or screws and nuts are 7/16" x 20 tpi.

The LeMons racer has a Sparco race seat mounted on sliders due to the requirement of different sized drivers making the entire seat/belt system a bit more challenging to do.

I'll dig up some pix of the Miata seat install and post if interested.

Seat/seat belt system failure caused the ejection of Gilles Villeneuve in a Ferrari F1 car crash.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wW36MiuRlk8

Race seat and belt system cannot fail in a race car crash.

Bernice

I know there has been a lot of discussion about seats here before but I haven't seen anything current so I'm throwing this out here.

What are the best options for race seats for an 80 X1/9? Don't want go broke on this.....

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Back