Video series working on my x1/9

fiatx

Daily Driver
Here's a fun little video series I'm putting together of clips while I work on my x1/9. It's not meant to be anything serious I just enjoy making and editing videos (my other hobby when I'm not fixing the car). I started making the videos for myself to look back on in a couple years but you may enjoy it also.

Here is part 1, I'm still editing the others (and they will get a bit more interesting as I go).

https://youtu.be/8mHM9zm7iXU

Awesome work!

Thanks for that, keep up the good work, we want to see the next parts. :)

Well that is just AWESOME!!!

Good work and good for you having the foresight and taking the time to video everything from the start!

Thanks for sharing!

Ed

Very good

The production quality is quite good with the transitions and staggered cut scenes, with just a little perfect simple background music (not obnoxious like some music choices). It looks as good as any professionally made informative video. A little envious, I've never been able to find the time to attempt to learn this on my video editing software. I'm sitting on 20 or so digital 8 tapes of my kids growing up and other video, all raw video.

Great work....

and thanks for sharing, its always fun to see what others are doing all around the world.

Video work

That was really good, keep up the good work looking forward for some more.

DaveF

Thanks all for the nice comments!

Even though it looks like I filmed everything it's really only a fraction of the work I had to do on the car.
Had trouble with items such as finding a clutch slave hose that fit (the factory ones are too short for the series 1.5 I had to get one custom made, after visiting about 10 shops who couldn't get the parts to make it...)
And you'll see in the next video the firewall insulation I made up looks easy but it took me over 15 hours of measuring, creating templates, fixing mistakes and making them perfect. I also made up a template for the series 1, all of these firewalls are available to buy as you'll see in the next vid.

I stayed up till the very early hours this morning editing part 2.... its uploading now :thumbsup:
I'll post when it's ready, cheers

VIdeo Part Two

Another great video! I am really enjoying these - keep 'em coming - I know they are a LOT of work.

So, what happened with the gearbox?

Ed

Outstanding work and it would appear...

you are encapsulating all the improvements possible to date. I am IMPRESSED!

Sorry for the trans debacle... what did the problem turn out to be?

Merry Christmas, btw... and shall we call you just Mr. X?

ATTENTION ALL... These Videos show many...

improvements and hints that Mr. X has incorporated into his DD... that should be reviewed and considered by all as well.

(I fear he's been walking around lately picking up parts and the like until the DD is fully functional... and if you ever feel the need to complain about shipping costs in the US... just think about what it must cost to ship some of the stuff he's installing!)

Merry Christmas ALL!

Excellent work

This is great, believe or not this is helping me with my project because as I'm watching, I'm able to spot things that will need to check as I go along.

So a big thank you.

Keep them coming.

DaveF

Indeed, excellent stuff there.

You are quite the videographer. Looking forward to more. One question: Where did you get the poly inserts for the dog bone (engine torque strut)? I like that. It looks like it slips in without trimming the lip off the side.

Back