green colors

Color green

I found the name of the green; it's "Cybergreen". Remember it is a VW color. Good luck.
Later,
Richard

As a big U of M guy, green is usually proibito (Michigan State, ya know) but this is a vastly different green, so it's okay.

I didn't read all of the posts in this thread, but I've had a love affair with the new FIAT Verde Chairo ever since I saw a new 500 in that color.
My X would look awesome in that color with tan interior. Yowza!

but if you are gonna go green, I suggest 1976 -
GREEN METALLIC - VERDE MET. [VERSION "SERIE SPECIALE"] - 390

I 2nd the serie speciale green colour! If I were not particular about keeping it completely genuine I would look at using the 390 colour but put a pearl or something in it to give it a "pop". Keeping an original Fiat colour is a good thing in my books, but with a bit of extra speciale :)

That's my (former) car!

Jeff,
The photo you posted is of my X back in 2002 in Canberra. IMHO the colour green was the best I have ever seen, but it was not standard.
The original colour was, I believe, 390 Verde Metallic, but before I bought the car, it had been painted a slightly more vibrant green. You can see the difference in this photo...
X19%20going%20for%20respray%205.jpg

I was sending the car to the repairers because my son had given the front left corner a biff into a bus, so I had the whole thing painted because, as you can see, a PO had it painted with bumpers, etc, STILL ON!!!
The spray painter (a friend of mine) didn't use the Fiat colour, but mixed up a colour close to what was already on the car and I was very happy with the result.
Here's some more shots including a good close-up just after it got back from the shop (but under artificial fluorescent light).

X19%20after%20resto%2016.jpg

X19%20after%20resto%208.jpg

It turned heads wherever it went.

Looking back over this thread as we've been experimenting with paint on my kid's Porsche. It was Camaro Synergy Green but there was a quart of paint that came with the car labled "Camaro Synergy Green" but it was a vastly different color, much more "gasser green metallic"
The-BLOCK-HRPT-2015-SundaySunday-Feature-Green-Gasser-04.jpg

We fell in love with it but it's a little dark for a small sports car so are moving to a color a bit in between that looks very much like what Warren's ended up with.
So, the whole time I'm thinking of my car of course so my X might match my kid's Porsche

Yes! That's the most beautiful car ever made. I even like how they actually look very funny when viewed from straight on. The wheels/tires look like they are too far inwards towards the center of the car.

I can't agree with your beer choice though??? Corona is the 2nd worst beer made, 2nd only to bud light. ;)

I can't agree with your beer choice though??? Corona is the 2nd worst beer made, 2nd only to bud light. ;)
The only bad beer I've ever had was a skunky Heiniken back in '85. Other than that, they've all been good, some better than others. :drink:

If I had to paint it today (and we're spraying the Porsche today in fact) I'd do as close to the Miura as I could get but that'll probably change.

Huh? What? Bud Light is beer?
(Says EricH, who drives Italian cars and drinks Mexican beer - but not Corona)

Porsche in Camaro Synergy Green
Painting in your shop is a PITA.
Turned out good (a friend of my older son came in to spray, we tried but we did not have much success, even he struggled for a while under these conditions)
paintshot_zpsxkecmzua.jpg

The '85 I just bought has a saddle brown interior (tannish) blue exterior, contemplating a limey green with saddle interior, like some above, they never really made a green run about did they? Just the one white/red on? Artist's rendition I assume;
x19_prototype_1969_15.jpg

Back