These cars are a hoot!

beezee

True Classic
I got my car on the road in mid September and now I've been taking full advantage of the fall colours and some of the local twisty back roads. These cars are a hoot to drive! Driving around today was cool, but with the top off and the windows up I was quite sheltered from the wind. I'm really enjoying this little car, and with the rebuilt engine it seems to get a little stronger each time I drive it as it breaks in.

Thanks to everyone on this forum that have supplied invaluable information and plenty of good advice.:dance2::thumbsup:

I got my car on the road in mid September and now I've been taking full advantage of the fall colours and some of the local twisty back roads. These cars are a hoot to drive! Driving around today was cool, but with the top off and the windows up I was quite sheltered from the wind. I'm really enjoying this little car, and with the rebuilt engine it seems to get a little stronger each time I drive it as it breaks in.

Thanks to everyone on this forum that have supplied invaluable information and plenty of good advice.:dance2::thumbsup:
If you ever get caught in the rain with the top off just roll the windows up and kick it up to about 60mph and the rain will slide right over the top. Of course you can't stop until it stops raining and it is hard to do if you are in town especially with stop lights.

Glad to hear you got your X running and are enjoying the drive at (in my opinion) the BEST time of year in the North: Fall! This group has helped a lot of folks (including you and me) revive their X's :)

Glad to hear you got your X running and are enjoying the drive at (in my opinion) the BEST time of year in the North: Fall! This group has helped a lot of folks (including you and me) revive their X's :)

+1
Winter is fun too, top off heater cranked. Fall is good, spring is good, summer is good....wait, it's all good!

There's nothing like that feeling of driving nirvana after spending countless weekends in the garage bringing the exxe back to life!

Nice work on the car Brian. I'm glad you've gotten the car to a place where I couldn't. Too busy with running a business and young children. I was following your post of the rehab. The engine looks killer!! I hope you're enjoying it and well done. I'm reliving my youth with a car that's more road worthy than that was when I owned it; Another car that I lusted after in high school. A 1988 Iroc convertible. Lol. I don't have the kids fighting over who gets to sit in the passenger seat either. But for the record I miss the guys on the forum and the car! Damn. Btw I still have the cotton car cover if you want it.

Get together

we'll have to meet up in the spring, would love to see your car, have a chat and a coffee. I'm in London, so about an hour and a half away, we could meet in Stratford, maybe. Post a few pics, we all love looking at each others cars. Really want to hear the story on your engine build.

Can I join that party?

Or possibly offer an invite to my shop as a rendezvous? I'm located in Breslau. About an hour from London and about 30 mins from Rockwood. But have an X1/9 and a bunch of cool toys here to check out all the time.

(The Dragas Auto Gallery) if you would like to get an exact locale, I always encourage people to come by and chat cars! And X1/9's are more rare around these parts then even some of the stuff I see here!

Daniel

Daniel, that sounds like a great idea, and thanks for the offer of using your location as a meeting place! Count me in when the warm weather returns.

Brian

Back