What did you do to your X

dragonsgate

True Classic
I can get everything to come up except "what did you do to your X1/9 today." Janet is the last post and has been up for a while. Anyway I pulled the glaring red digital clock and put in an analog. It is a cheapy that is sort of a prototype. I like the basic look but still not exactly what I want.

You're electric!

I was wondering where your climate control went... you don't have a heat source with your electric drive X. A resistive heat source would cost tons of range would it not? I would be OK with an electric city car but most of my drives are 270 miles plus. So I would do better with a propane conversion if I wanted to go greener or whatever. Interesting...
I am thinking Papa Tony probably had something to do with your ship getting hit... I am thinking on that too!
Regards
I do like the analog clock. Not sure how to fit one in the exact digital clock space... would need to be square or rectangle as it were...

Two of the three switches under the gauges are for the heat high/ low. It has a ceramic core where the original box was. The silver button on the left is the defrost vent. Other than that the heat blows on both sides of the the floorboard. I drive the car just about every week day and occasionally on weekends year round. My average drive is 15 miles so most times I can run the heat full blast on very cold days no problem. How ever cold weather affects batteries out put heater or no. The car is a nice little run about and fits my distance needs. It is a fancy version of a NEV (neighborhood electric vehicle) that corners like it is on rails. I occasionally make three or four 150 mile round trips a year to the big city south of us and take the gas guzzler. The clock looks even better now that I painted the hands white with orange tips to match the other two gauges. For $3 and some creativeness I think I will keep it for a while. As for propane, I don't know how it is where you are but here in Arkansas you need a sticker to legally use Propane on the highway. The sticker costs about $350 annually.

Back