BERTONE Freeclimber

Just looked it up...

Reminds me of the Suzuki SX4 and the Fiat Sedici. Fiat Suzuki join up share a platform and both can build a completely mediocre car for less. Happens all to often IMO... The Freeclimber will surely make the next "worst cars book" and for once I can actually say it is not a car I ever would want! It is very interesting though when you think about a design house like Bertone and how the industry changed so much as to just leave them behind. Manufacturers continue to build largely unmodifiable cars... how long would most is us continue to enjoy our cars if all we could do is change the graphic packages and maybe center caps... well I would hang around for a few more key fobs... most of, or many of my kids friends did not get license to drive until well in their twenties???? It was not twenty seconds past my 16th birthday! The whole car culture here in the States is quite different now... Anyway, I digress... Strange car indeed!
Regards

How 'bout some fotos guys... like these:

Bertone designed... sure looks like a Suzuki sold here in the US. But I digress, most fotos I find say Daihatzu!

... and they appear to run a small 4 banger as well as...

These BMW TD-6's...

Back