Wrong car

When you bring the x instead of the truck

Looks like it is going to rain too. A few of years ago I went to the lumberyard to get a couple of 8foot 2X4's. I modded my back window to drop down so I slipped the two by's through into the passenger side. As I was getting into the car some guy said nice truck as he walked by. So...Nice truck.

Swiss-Army Car...

That's funny, Doc.

I recently had to borrow a two-wheeler from a friend and the X with the top down was the perfect tool. I just had to secure the seatbelt on the two-wheeler.

BTW, did you have to go back to pick up the wife?

Hahaha, I guess we all use our X's to the max. On the way home one day my wife asked me to pick something up. Guess she forgot I had the x. Lol
e9c975ff5b94335aa9f6a3e4193aa301.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great truck indeed!

TECH0001.JPG

lumberyard.jpg

(No, the neighbor's boat trailer isn't really in there!)

I was extending the deck in the back yard, so a few trips to the lumberyard were in order....

Foolishly, I tried taking the freeway home from the lumberyard -- and thought that the steering felt a little odd at 55 MPH. Boy did I drop speed and get off at the next exit when it dawned on me what was happening!

I've placed 2 by 4's on the top, attached the ends to the bumpers with ropes, and hauled full sheets of plywood as well. Amazing little cars.

Hauling possibilities are almost endless....

...ALMOST...

xtrailer.JPG

:D

Last edited:
Twenty years ago I lived in a nieghborhood that allowed you to bring leaves to the community garden. I had been driving the X all summer, had gathered all the leaves in a huge tarpans couldn't lift it as high as my Golfs roof. Hmmm the back deck and roof of the X was about right... Strapped this huge thing on top and went on my merry way. I definitely got some looks as I drive in as the tarp with leaves was nearly the size of the car

Nice! I have used mine to bring home 8' lengths of aluminum stock for the Dallara panel supports. I brought home a coffee tree from my brother-in-law many years ago...

X19Spoiler0032.jpg

Three occasions I remember well, sorry no fotos...

1. Called and found my order for 100 sq. ft. of Marble Tile was ready. I looked at the load and looked at the Fiat... and loaded it all in, including the passenger seat and floor. The car was squatting on its knees but remarkably nimble to get rolling. It was the first STOP that was a hair-raiser!

2. This was an impromptu stop at a grocery store to pick-up some milk and bread, etc. While there, my wife suggested we shop for the entire week or two as we usually did. It never even struck us until we saw the X1/9 in the parking lot that we were STUPID idiots! Well, we found that we can actually pack 11 regular bags of groceries in the frunk, trunk, floor and two on her lap!

3. My good friend Bonnie was driving home in her '78 and in the seat next to her was a HUGE potted Kenia Palm.. probably for her home office. It must have stuck up about 4 feet over the targa and I pulled ahead a bit and waved and yelled "hi" laughing as I did. Suddenly, the arms and face of her friend Tootsie wiggled their way through the palms and said "hi" right back at me! HA!

Lastly, and done purposely, was when I took a 4 cylinder VW engine... head to head with the flywheel... shoved into the rear trunk and stuck at a 45 degree angle, protecting the trunk edge with a blanket and bungie-corded in place. Swapped it for a rebuilt with a new flywheel after work... and drove the 30 miles home. One of my coworkers asked what the hell that engine was doing in there and I told him it was my spare...

Back