Need 128 exterior trim

carl

True Classic
Need the following for a 76:

1. grill
2. two fresh air vent grills that go at base of windshield
3. four side marker lights (Sadly they are just a bit different than 124 lights even though they look identical)

carl

Grille

Carl,

I'm sad that I couldn't find the throttle rod for you, but I do have a couple spare grilles. They're not the honeycomb style, but if you're OK with a stocker for now I'm happy to send you one for the cost of postage.

I've still got your address on file.

-Dean

grill

Thanks Dean. I'm totally OK with the non-honey comb grill, let me know what shipping is.

The quest for a throttle rod was interesting. Several guys, like you, thought they had one to no avail, one clown had me send money for his but never shipped it but as always Midwest had it.

carl

Side markers

I have no idea if they are the same as a Yugo. I thought for sure they were the same as a 124 spider since the openings looked identical but they were off by a few millimeters.... I can't believe they made them a different size.

carl

128 stuff

Need the following for a 76:

1. grill
2. two fresh air vent grills that go at base of windshield
3. four side marker lights (Sadly they are just a bit different than 124 lights even though they look identical)

I may still have a matched pair of NOS windshield base air vent plastic grilles, I'll have to check at the shop in the morning.

For the sidemarker lights, the mid-model 124 Spider amber/red reflector-lights should work in your 128's black plastic sidemarker housings. My 128's sidelights had very faded reflectors, & I simply replaced them one-by-one from various junkyard 124 Spiders whenever I found one with good color still left in it. :)

Come to think of it, I might have gathered too many of those & now have extras? I know I have one NOS 128 front right sidelight plastic housing: http://xwebforums.org/showpost.php?p=218965&postcount=4 Not sure if I have any others...Guess I'll have to check on those at the shop, too! :laugh:

IIRC, the late-model 124's had the flush-mounted sidemarker lights with a thin chrome rim around them (also shared with the Yugo), & it may be that these are slightly different in size than the other type that fit the earlier 124 & the 128.

side markers

I have a friend with tons of both style side markers so maybe I'll try again from his stash. My last two project Fiats I shaved the side markers and I could always do that again.

carl

Update...

I do have a NOS matched pair (1 left/1 right) of the 128 Sedan/Wagon windshield base air intake plastic grilles. $20/pair + $6 shipping.

You'll also need 4 of these retainer clips to install the vent grilles (2 clips per grille): http://www.fiatplus.com/CLIP-TO-RETAIN-VENT-GRILL.html

As for the sidemarker lights, I happened to have a pair of the late 124/Yugo flush-fit type SEMA sidemarkers & compared them to the recessed-fit type Altissimo ones on my 128 (ie: the ones that fit the 128 & mid-model 124's). Once you pull off the 124/Yugo chrome housing & the black rubber gasket, the SEMA reflector/lamp receiver is nearly identical to the Altissimo one. The main differences I noted are the size of the little non-reflectorized rectangular "window" area in the center of the lens (SEMA one is slightly larger), & the round "socket" fitting that the lamp plugs into on the SEMA lens has 2 small fin-tabs on the outside (1 on each side, 180° apart). When you plug the late-style lamp into the lens fitting, you push it straight in & then twist it slightly to "lock" the lamp onto the lens. The Altissimo lens is just the old-fashioned "push the lamp in & it stays" type.

To use the late 124/Yugo SEMA reflector on your 128 (with the 128's black plastic reflector brackets/bases), just trim off those 2 little fins & then you can just plug in your 128's lamp socket/bulb unit. The position of the round "socket extension" & the 2 mounting studs on the reflector is the same on both SEMA & Altissimo reflectors, & the 2 reflector mounting studs are about the same length. :)

vents

I sent you an email about the vents. I'll try again with my buddy's vast supply of 124 side marker lights and see what I come up with.

carl

Carl,

I'm sure I've got a bunch of the originals if your other options don't work out. I probably won't have time to dig them out until I get back from the Oregon event. Same for the vents, but Jeff's look like a steal.

Back