Went all in

pdxgeo

True Classic
Finally joined the club. Bought this yesterday...
27229722025_2b464625a2_o.jpg
[/IMG]

In addition to the Campy wheels it has a LOT of the go fast goodies from the day. faza cam, PBS crank, 1500 stroked to 1600, tube header, Euro 1500 head ported polished etc, dual 40's. Also has some rust around the windshield you can see a hole near the bottom of there pillar. Runner driver. I pick it up next weekend. PO has been driving it for a few weeks after extended storage in his garage. Fresh oil, gas and a new battery was all he did and he said its drivable home...kinda scary, about 350 miles but I'm always up for an adventure!

Awesome!

Looks great! Just went over 350 miles on mine after a long storage! Walk in the park! You got this! Just keep an eye on the temp and keep moving... and don't thrash it until you can coast to your driveway
Regards,
Rocco

thank you Rocco, that is a comfort. I am talking to a guy who is driving this way with a half full trailer who may help me get the boxes of spares and the original plus another 4 speed, (oh forgot to mention it has a 5 speed).

If he comes through I will be able to drive it, if not I will need to rent a uhaul with a car hauler and trailer it home...

well done
I have decided to move to the north west for no other reason than the abundance of Xs. Going house shopping now.....

yes, that is very very tasty, I'd love to know what you paid for it but that'd be rude so I won't ask:grin:

Im planning to bring a fuel pump, filter and tools. Anything else? Car sat for 10yrs in his garage. He put stabilizer in the gas and as i said hes been driving it for a while.

Great purchase, nice machine. Mine was also stored for 10 yrs before our ground up restoration. Might want to replace or have some fuel line hose and heater hose with you for the drive. I have performed road side CPR on both of those. Happy travels,

Just The Usual...

Cell Phone, AAA membership, credit cards...:grin:

But seriously, I have had similar adventures when I was young and foolish, they are great fun. It sounds like a great car!

found out the bumpers are on his brother's 128 Rally! Don't think he will be giving them up any time soon...

Here's another...

I bought it in Jan '76, over 40yrs of ownership.

Wish it still looked this good.

BTW - Your car has some nice wheels. And drive it home, it's an adventure that you'll never be able to duplicate again.

Seattle Craigslist?

Is this the one I saw last week on Craigslist? Wished I had the green when I saw it.
Looks great, congratulations!
Jeff

Oops

No, that one is an 86 and still there- duh, should have looked first.

Jeff

Back