Headlight Choices

Felipe

Low mileage
Let's shed some light on this subject!!

What are you using and why do you like/dislike them??

Time to replace mine and like just about everyone I want something that is bright, throws a nice pattern and doesn't draw a lot of power.

For the last 5 years I have only used HID's on all my vehicles. I have never had to use the hi beams since. Power consumption is way way down. Absolutely the best light money can buy. I run only the 8000's which are a really cool light blue. Hope this helps. Cheers,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Conventional Choice

This is a very good reasonably priced choice in conventional lighting (note that their kit does not include bulbs):
https://www.busdepot.com/0301600118

LED sealed beam replacements have seen dramatic development, but they are still pretty pricey, running $350-600 for a pair.

Personally I would stay away from xenon and LED bulb units that plug into a reflector housing not specifically designed for that specific type of bulb.

One thing to keep in mind when buying a headlight assembly is that headlight pod operating clearances have to be taken into account----the curvature of the lens can't stick out too far forward, or else you'll foul the body when the pods go up and down.

As far as drawing too much power, in order to deliver the best power levels, I would recommend that you install some sort of headlight relay mod, regardless of what you choose as a replacement. If you want to "roll your own" you can mimic Bob Brown's legendary relay kit; I'd recommend your local NAPA for wire, relays and such as their electrical supplies are of a very high quality (much better than your average eBay stuff). Or, search the Bus Depot site for their headlight relay kits.

The brand is N'Motion (China I'm sure). I have bought 4 sets from them and not one bulb or ballast has failed yet. Here in Canada they range from $125/pair to $250/pair. Will be cheaper in the States. The most expensive were for my Alfa 156, cost me $165/pair. Oh, one further note, I did not buy them online, went to their shop. Heard many horror stories with HID's online. Hope this helps, cheers,

Let's shed some light on this subject!!

What are you using and why do you like/dislike them??

Time to replace mine and like just about everyone I want something that is bright, throws a nice pattern and doesn't draw a lot of power.

Hello. I just switched over all internal and external (except HID headlights) lights to LED. Wow, very bright and very little volt consumption, just another thought. Cheers,

I got my exterior and interior LED light conversion from Joe Parlanti (Veloce Solutions). He is great, you get all you need including the LED Flasher and a location diagram for all the lights. Love my LED's, they are bright and lense colour matched. The price is also right. And most importantly, power consumption is way, way down. I run HID 8000 headlights, LED fog lights and all LED exterior and interior. My alternator is very, very happy. Cheers,

Last edited:
Back