White X w/Eurosport kit in Chambersburg PA. Anyone have info on this?

daveblaney

That was unexpected...
Was on a field trip with my 5th grade class to Gettysburg PA today and on the drive home we passed a small car lot just east of Chambersburg on RT30. One of my students yelled, "hey Mr. Blaney, that looks like your car," and when I looked, I saw that he was right. On the lot was a Mazda Miata for sale, and a White X1/9 with a Eurosport package. I couldn't get the name of the place as by the time I got a look at the car I couldn't see the dealer name on the sign. Darn bus driver wouldn't turn around and go back! Something about keeping to the schedule, bla bla bla... Anyone know anything about it? I searched the 'net and found nothing. It's about 2hrs. from me, but I will be back in the area in a few weeks.

Google maps is a great way to find stuff. If you know the road and approximate location and some landmarks you might be able to pin point it that way.

Haven't seen that car, but on rt 30 heading to Gettysburg, you pass through a small town with a roundbout. In that little town sits a red? Red/black? X1/9 parked on a side street. I once stopped and who I thought was the owner came out. I asked about the car and this elderly woman motioned me to come over and told me to wait. She then returned with her very attractive Italian granddaughter, who said she was the owner and she drives the car every day. Unfortunately My wife was waiting in my car or I might would of asked if she'd mind taking a ride down to the coffee shop :love:

So close, but so far away...

I've been getting off that exit from Interstate 81 every 2mos for years and going the other way to my Dr.'s office. I never dreamed there's be an X so close to look at.

Thanks everyone for the information! I'll be sure to check it out.
Dave

famous.

When Bertone left the US, Ray would buy the remaining X1/9s cheap leftover in storage at the Baltimore port...dozens of cars at a time.
I stopped by his place years back and not much remained.
He still had a nose piece from a Corsa kit that was cracked.

My '88 was sold by Ray Betts as new in 1995 to the first owner. I am fortunate enough to be the second owner.

When Bertone left the US, Ray would buy the remaining X1/9s cheap leftover in storage at the Baltimore port...dozens of cars at a time.
I stopped by his place years back and not much remained.
He still had a nose piece from a Corsa kit that was cracked.

The white one with the corsa kit is a one owner he sold originally in the 90s. He has another X1/9 with 127,000+ miles on it that has never been titled. This is his demo car.

Interesting guy to talk to. Still has a lot of OEM parts and tools. I have tried to buy some tools and parts over the years only to be turned down. I have not been there is about 2 years.

Yep, that's the one!

Thanks for posting the pictures, Greg. I'll have to stop by there next time I head to the Doc's. I have to check out his guitar shop as well; I hear it's pretty good too.

Back