New X Owner

Billy C

Low Mileage
Just bought an '86 X1/9. Needs paint and tires, but otherwise very nice. 65K miles.
So now it begins, want four outlet exhaust, lower stance, 14" wheels etc.
Any input is welcome. Paint shop? Service shop? I'm in the Sacramento area. I go to the Folsom "Cars and Coffee" gathering every Sat morn and
SCCA * Mather autocross events.
Ready to make it happen. Thanks

Congrats and welcome

You are definitely in the right place for advice and encouragement. There are lots of folks in California, so I'm some of them will chime in with local advice. There are answers to all of your questions here on the forum, you just have to search a bit, but if you can't find the answers, someone will usually direct you.

Check out our vendors, Midwest-Bayless, Vick Autosports, and Chris Obert's Fiat Plus have the most stuff, but Allison's also has performance parts for X1/9s as well.

Have fun. These are great little cars.

Congratulations!!!

...and welcome to the forum.
You'll find lots of helpful advice here.
Several folks in northern CA who can hopefully chime-in for paint and service recommendations.
Although working on your X is half (uh, sometimes more than half) the fun!

Im at the Train Station restaurant quite often for breakfast. I'm finding little things I need, like a left rear bumper cap.

shingle springs fiat

Hi, I'm a new owner, just down the street from you. Need a paint shop, rims and tires, trim pieces, upholstery etc. How do we meet up? Exchange numbers or PM or what? I go to Cars and Coffee in Folsom most saturday's 8-10 at the Palladio. I'm with the SSR club that meets there. Occasionally there is a full race X1/9 there.

IMG he has been bitten good already!!!!

Welcome Billy, looks like you have already been bitten by your new best friend pretty good!!!

These little cars are like crack, seems harmless and pretty soon you are jonesing for different rims, paint, then carpets then engine work..........................................

..... a second car so you can have one to drive and one to trick out.....................

....oh hell why not a racer to...................... maybe one from each year................and color............................................

When it gets really bad you will hunting for a Dara kit, Corsa or wanting to do a K20 swap!!!!

Enjoy your in for a fun ride!

PW

Owner of two, but always looking :eek:mg::eek:mg:

Back