How much do you offer?

If just the front windshield is broken, that's ok. The pics are a bit grain'y so it's tough to spot any rust. It sorta looks like the lower rear passenger side corner might have some tin worm but I can't tell. If the car runs and drives and is what you want; I say bid just enough to win the auction. What that will be or is worth to you, is anyone's guess. Good luck.

Bullet holes eh?...Looks like someone had a bad day. If you do buh it, just be sure they've washed the blood and brain matter out for you :shock:

Shonan19328,
It does look like it was caught in a drive by or something not very nice.
When I was in Japan, only a certain element had that type of device that would make holes like that.
Me personally??? I would pass just in case it the previous owner was in trouble or something. I would not want to be mistaken for them...risky X1/9.
Also, from the looks of what has been done to it (many, many holes), the engine could have taken some hits and it will be very difficult tracing down all the anomalies that might have been caused not to mention the electrical system and ECU.
Just want you to think smart prior to purchasing this X1/9.
Let us know what you decided to do. We are here if you need us.
V/r, Mike

Nebraska Mike

Hasn't been shot at, that's just been vandalised... looks like someone took to it with an ice pick (or some similar sharp implement)

Given the bidding amount, the finished price (panels , paint and glass ) means it is going to be a rather expensive exercise for the purchaser, but if X19's are few and far between in Japan maybe in that market it's worth it.

SteveC

Yeah, someone was adding "speed holes"

Those holes are square shaped like a pick-axe was used. Looks like it was a well maintained ride up until then. It's a shame the car was the recipient for someone's emotional state.:jedi:

I've seen more than a few bullet holes in cars over the years in my line of work, and those aren't bullet holes. They are all different sizes, some squared and are mostly straight down, and the windows aren't shot, they were bashed in with something like a bat. That car was well and thoroughly vandalized by someone, though.

I've seen more than a few bullet holes in cars over the years in my line of work, and those aren't bullet holes. They are all different sizes, some squared and are mostly straight down, and the windows aren't shot, they were bashed in with something like a bat. That car was well and thoroughly vandalized by someone, though.

Jeff N,
What a shame but glad to hear that it was not an execution or something.
If that is all that is wrong and the engine, electrical and suspension are still good then it might be worth it for the $4k USD in Japan.
The body can always be fixed.
V/r, Mike

Wow, that is the flattest front bumper fill strip I have ever seen!

Whether to buy or not, it would depend upon the value of the car after the purchase price and the repair costs were totaled up.

Any idea of what it would cost to acquire the four glass pieces (windshield, backlight, left and right window glass), front trunk panel, rear trunk panel, engine cover, and then installation and painting costs?

Dan Sarandrea,
And don't forget the shipping cost to Japan. That alone will almost double the cost.

shonan19328,
But, we will be here to help you find everything you need to her back in the road again. She is a very unique automobile.
Let us know if you purchased the X1/9.
V/r, Mike

Nebraska Mike

Mr. Amada-San... This was NOT vandalizm, it was HATE...

My guess is some woman who caught her husband/boyfriend with someone else. She also had access to a pick-axe. I too first thought they were these funny bullet-hole decals, then thought they were real bullet holes... but then seeing the various sizes and depth... it hasta be a pick-axe.

pickaxe_photo.png

"Hell hath no fury like a woman's scorn!" I believe she used the flat blade to cave-in the engine cover... also note she seemed to be getting tired as the damage got lighter and lighter on the deck-lid.

The engine and other INSIDE aspects of the car look fresh and unmolested and if I was a body man... this would be a great deal. Perhaps $4K is a bargain iin Japan... you'll haveta tell us.

Good luck with your decision.

Where is this car? I thought it was already in Japan? Sorry, my Japanese is a bit rusty.:mallet:

jvandyke,
I am thinking it is on an auction site in Japan from the yahoo address having an .jp at the end.
I would love to have her just for all the parts!!! I need seats, door panels, assorted other stuff...
I am just saying.

And as for the price, 4K for an X in Japan would be a great deal for the condition she is in. X1/9s can get up to about 15K but the Japanese laws are very difficult to interpret. Then you have the right hand drive to deal with.
The Japanese government attempts to make it difficult. Not worth it for us to send our X's over there.
That said, there are companies that specialize in converting "grey market" cars into Japan street legal. Very expensive.
V/r, Mike

2 week auction ended Sunday with 151 bids.
Sold for a little over $7000US.

From some of the X1/9s I've seen in the Japan X1/9 Runabout Club easy cosmetics for someone with skills over there..:pimp:

Back