Where did this belong?

rocco79/138

True Classic
I did speedo cable and e-brake cables this afternoon and while under the car I noticed this plug... Could not see a pin it would attach to... No problems with the car just have never seen this wire/boot/plug before. Anybody know where it should go? Thanks
Rocco

It comes down the firewall just left of the distributor. I know I need to replace my cooling hoses! It is on the list :)

Don't remember a light in the engine bay...

It is a boot of some sort that has a clip that looks like it fit a sparkplug shaped pin... I was thinking AC as well. I think it goes up and runs through the access cover for the distributor.

It is a boot of some sort that has a clip that looks like it fit a sparkplug shaped pin... I was thinking AC as well. I think it goes up and runs through the access cover for the distributor.

Didn't mean it was a light bulb just that it looks like one. You say it looks like a press on clip with the wire going to the dist. Maybe it is was for the coil at one time and some one modified it and left the wire hanging.

Did not think you did.

It was a bad photo... It sure is shaped like a lightbulb. I will try to trace it back and see where it goes.

wire

hmmm, awfully close to that bolt in the bung for the lamda sensor (02),
what year is that rascal??
mikemo

Have been basking in little victories

It is a '79... Was a 28/30 carb now a rebuilt 32. Have some ground issues to clear and we're back on the road! Weird thing is I found the coolant fan relay and rear window defrost relay were both open... New relays from the 86 and make sure the grounds are grounds and should be good!

Back