The Ultimate Diss

make the list??

we just too cool for school.
some looked totally rad, but some of those are just butt ugly, and as an x owner I would prefer not to be in that class....surprised they didn't throw a tr8 in the mix...... gag..... barf!!!!!
mikemo

You guys do realize

that I posted this same link about an hour before this one, right?

Does anyone read these posts?

Radical Wedge

we just too cool for school.
some looked totally rad, but some of those are just butt ugly, and as an x owner I would prefer not to be in that class....surprised they didn't throw a tr8 in the mix mikemo

The X1/9 is a 'sleeper' because few know what it is, trust me that is a blessing Mike

That list is a matter of taste and bias really, only one of those is true to the Title; Marcello's LP400.

That is what you get reading tripe on MSN, that list sucks.

But

BMW M1 - Highly underated purpose built monster. Wedge = Yes, desirable collectors car.

De Tomaso Pantera - Yes please! Wedge = Yes Highly visable, now a cult car, deservedly IMHO

Vector W8 - Many dislike it but I thought Gerald Wiegert and David Kostka gave the early angular ones a red hot go, that deserves some points. If Gerald ever reassembles his W2 it will make him a $1M+ easy.

Aston Martin Lagonda - Pfat luxobarge, does it belong in that list - no, is it radical because of the amount of leather used in the interior? Wedge = No

Maserati Khamsin - Bertone's lads did some good work, not their best wedge, that comes at the bottom of the post

Triumph TR-7 Really!? it was a bad enough insult this 'Journo' :wacko: added it to list. Says everything about this list.

Lotus Esprit Well the one before that picture yes, that Peter Stevens' rendition is not radical nor angular. Italdesign S1 thu 3 were pretty.

Did you know the S1 Esprit can be distinguished from later Italdesign Esprits by a shovel-style front air dam and . . . . Fiat X1/9 tail lights!!!

Lacia Stratos Everyone thinks so.

DeLorean DMC-12 - Well, outclassed, but you gotta have a soft spot for it - where's my hoverboard aren't we supposed to have them by now?

Ferrari Dino 308 GT4 - 70's Chic you can live comfortably with everyday and ultra desirable NOW!!! Wedge = Yes. Bertones mid-engined 2+2 masterpiece.

TVR Tasmin - styling fail, TVR's evoke a love/hate opinion

Ferrari Testarossa - Sure, fits the class

Ferrari F40 - Enzo's last project and super AWESOME!!!!

Lamborghini Diablo - Lambo's 280Z. Too heavy, rubbish steering.

RADICAL + WEDGE

There WAS one for sale with French number plates, so you can drive it on the road (in Europe) , but you all missed the sale ($3.7M), I will never have enough spondolies. Changed hands at Bonhams Chantilly France last month. Well sold and well bought, a lucky owner with a good eye.

It was/still is both Radical & a TRUE Wedge

The 1972 4.7 Ltr V8 Maserati Boomerang Concept by Italdesign

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/g6428/the-incredible-maserati-boomerang-auction/?slide=6

It was among the hits of the 1972 Turin Show, along with Giugiaro’s Lotus Esprit, behind it.

What else is missing? Plenty, so over to you guys, want to list what you think should really be there?

I'll start

The Bertone Stratos Concept that now lives in the Peterson Museum. Number One?

Mercedes-Benz C111 The rotary supercar from Stuttgart

VW W12 Some say the inspiration for the Veyron

Honda HSV-010 (the still born replacement for the NSX)

Lamborghini Cala. No - the Gallardo was not their 1st V10

The 2010 Lotus Esprit - sadly they never gave birth to it.

Cadillac Cien - Still an eye popper but I believe that is the edge where the US should define its style, the new Ford GT40 certainly does.

Laborghini Asterion LP1910-4 - Well maybe too many curves but it's still a crime they never gave it a green light

All Radical designs!

Over to you

Yes we read them Jose', just not yours! Ya punk!

HAHAHAHA...

Hey... you posted at 8:13 pm which was 1 hour and 6 minutes earlier PST, but Red posted in Kentucky which is two hours later than us. You know what that means right...

Ha

Alright papa, I'll give it to you just this once. Don't get used to it.
Mike, I'll drown my sorrows in spumoni.

On a different note, I see why the Delorean fits in here. Didn't someone post a picture of delorean's mule car being a modified X with a six cylinder engine? And also, there was a picture of John in his studio with the silhouette of an X in the background.

Yep, someone did.

Alright papa, I'll give it to you just this once. Don't get used to it.
Mike, I'll drown my sorrows in spumoni.

On a different note, I see why the Delorean fits in here. Didn't someone post a picture of delorean's mule car being a modified X with a six cylinder engine? And also, there was a picture of John in his studio with the silhouette of an X in the background.

I don't recall where they came from, but I kept copies. Tony probably digs that big'n'little look on those tires. ;)

DeLorean_03B.jpg

DeLorean_03A.jpg

Thanks Jose'... Its just "envy" on my part...

that drives me to HATE youth and beauty... two things I no longer possess.

On the other hand... Mike Busman is still beautiful in a "special way" even though he is really old too. Ya just really haveta dig for it... Hopefully he picks up and brings some Spumoni for you youngsters.

See ya in a few weeks! Bring your Pop!

wedged cars

the DeLorean made the mistake of using the Peugeot 505 or 604 turd motor. it always felt like the e brake was on when you hit the gas pedal. pity.
mikemo

Papa, I'm sure you'll enjoy this.

I asked my mom if my dad was going to be available for BFI. She says, "I think so. Just make sure to keep him on a leash. It's a public park for Christ's sake."

V6 PRV engine, the V8 with two missing cylinders

the DeLorean made the mistake of using the Peugeot 505 or 604 turd motor. mikemo

Lots of things went wrong for John De Lorean I don't feel that the odd/even fire PRV six was the worst of them. Understanding PSA's structure it will become no surprise that engine did a fair job in the Renault GTA Alpine. A bit like a DMC 12 without the gullwing doors it is a pretty good GT car for a parts bin special. That is wasn't great in the DMC 12 has a lot to do with De Lorean's parts bin budget (lack of it) and how heavy that thing is, drive a Renault 25 Turbo and tell how bad PRV engine is, better still a GTA A610. Try Darwin to Alice Springs in a tunned 300Hp version :excited::excited::excited::excited:, no speed limit back then and oh my oh my :eek:

2015 is Alpine's 60th anniversary perhaps you will get the opportunity to see one. Sadly you may never see the best of them as Renault's last planned federalized version of the Alpine V6 Turbo never landed by the time they pulled out of the US.

The even-fire / odd-fire nature of this motor messed with the heads of a lot of mechanics used to the GLT 240 Volvo unit. Insofar as it being a 'dog' of an engine the DOHC PRV 6 at over 400 kmp/h sitll holds the top speed record at the 24 Hours of Le Mans set in '88. It can't have been that bad if Alfa Romeo used it as the basis for the 90° V6 engine used in the 155.

If you want to hope that a concept gets built that will be an instant classic look for the 2015 Alpine, Carl Gohsen had approved the Nissan GT-R's Premium Midship platform. Sort of looks like an Audi TT - with balls. 2015 is nearly gone, with it too methinks is the possibility of it becoming a limited production reality, I've seen nothing of it being produced.

Has there ever been an objective timed review of the Vector W8? Hadn't seen the Top Speed (Gear) review, but Clarkson generally likes how it drives but is extremely tepid about build quality and basic comfort issues.

My memory remembers the makers always saying what a fast car it was, but not ever letting anyone time them. They never allowed either a factory one, nor from what I understand did they ever "let" a customer car be timed. "Claimed" 0-60 in 4.5 seconds. With the Lambo 12 cylinder engine it wouldn't be slow.

The Cizeta V16T is better looking to my eyes and I think more interesting from an engineering point of view because they made their own engine. But it's a wedge in the way a Diablo bastardized with 348 strakes is.

Missed this thread somehow -

Lots of things went wrong for John De Lorean I don't feel that the odd/even fire PRV six was the worst of them. Understanding PSA's structure it will become no surprise that engine did a fair job in the Renault GTA Alpine. A bit like a DMC 12 without the gullwing doors it is a pretty good GT car for a parts bin special. That is wasn't great in the DMC 12 has a lot to do with De Lorean's parts bin budget (lack of it) and how heavy that thing is, drive a Renault 25 Turbo and tell how bad PRV engine is, better still a GTA A610. Try Darwin to Alice Springs in a tunned 300Hp version :excited::excited::excited::excited:, no speed limit back then and oh my oh my :eek:

The later even-fire B280 is far more reliable in terms of DD use - they could easily go 300K miles without issue - no eating cams, etc as with the B27/28 versions. Volvo used it with LH-22 - much more reliable than the old K-jet that came on the Delorean. If I were to locate one, the swap to B280/LH2.2 would be the first order of business :)

Back