On A Lighter Note

I hate to admit it, but I owned one of those cars (I'm not going to divulge which...:tomato:)

Guilty

I had a 1980 Dodge Aspen that I traded for my first X1/9. 318 V8, with 139 HP. Let's just say that my Dad was not impressed:)

I've owned at least one of these and driven several of them. It was an interesting article and hard to argue with many of the complaints...

I don't know about Yugos but

( From the Yugo article) "the Fiat 128, a car which had already failed once in America" to me is a misnomer. I had a 1975 Fiat 128 that I drove the heck out of for thirty five years. I drove that car all across the U.S. and other than a couple of flat tires in those years it got me there and back. What is the opposite of a lemon? A Peach?

Was the Fiat 126 even ever sold in the USA?

Nearly five million were made... but I don't think that any were officially sold in the US of A.

And the 128 was WORLD car of the year in 1970 for it's innovative design... the journo who wrote that article is a fool.

SteveC

Renault 5s

Hey Rob,

Renault 5s are great cars! Even the base model (in Europe at least). They were a blast to drive on curvy roads! I saw a couple of maxi turbos in France but prefer the Peugeot 205 Turbo 16 if you want a mid-engine hatchback.

Dom.

At least this one

evolved into this

Maybe he's not a truck expert?

Twenty-five truly terrible cars
By Aaron Gold
Cars Expert

He has some pretty good lines on the cars, pretty funny. But I own an Excursion and have to disagree with him. First, it's a truck, not a car. Why would he include it? Mine has the V10 and it makes a great tow vehicle. You get all the towing capacity of a 3/4 ton truck (with lots of torque), and the utility of a - big - SUV. And, 4'X8' plywood fits inside. Maybe Aaron should stick to commenting on cars, trucks are not cars.

Back