120V LED Turn Signals

BA Oh

Bill A
I'm a recent lurker, and have enjoyed the posts and photos, and finally figured out how to post a thread and photos.

I bought a nice gold X in 2013 (from Thomas). It came with bumper blocks only; I like the look. The original bumpers were hauled home separately. Recently I built a better storage place for them, after adding 120V LED bulbs.
X%20Bumper%20Stand1_zpslm8vqkfm.jpg

More on the X: After blowing the head gasket in December, restoration began in January. Midwest-124 performed head rebuild, carb rebuild with carb cooling restoration, timing belt and cover, custom exhaust, right front caliper, brake hoses, clutch hoses, misc. Great job by Jon and help. Photo by Midwest-124 Facebook in January. The performance improvement was startling.
X%20Head_zpsrhfyejtj.jpg

X%20Rear1_zpsfgv1ahxq.jpg

Feb work by D&R in Columbus to replace front air dam, repair fender connectors and refinish them. Nice work by Matt and help.
X%20Front1_zpsny1r6duq.jpg

March upholstery work by REX Upholstery in Lima (Since 1931, 3rd generation) Seats, rear deck, spare cover, and emergency brake cover. Nice soft leather. Beautiful work by Mike and help. Their first Fiat! Missy commented on stitching she had never seen before. She matched perfectly.
X%20Interior1_zpslvukge9q.jpg
[/URL]

It's nice to be near MWB. They have been really great taking the time to answer questions, explain how things work and are put together. From them: front wheel bearings, a refinished black top, new badge, new spare tire with refinished wheel, misc. bolts screws, etc.

Looking forward to the next 4,000 miles. And upcoming car shows.

Last edited:
Dang that looks great. About the best gold car I have ever seen.

Nice choices and work on all the various bits.

Interesting use of the bumpers.

That's my old '78. I miss that car so much. Its #0924. Not sure the specs now, but when I sold it to Thomas, it had a 1100 Yugo head that I had Midwest Bayless port, polish, deck and 3 angle valve grind, 34 DATR carb (the jetting was way out or too much compression, blew a HG in short order). Had an awful custom exhaust. It sounded ok, but the local shop I had build it made some funky bends and such. I could go on and on. :rolleyes:

Beautiful machine!!! Question for you, is that a cup holder on the passenger door? If so, a close up shot would be much appreciated. I have been scratching my head to get one in somewhere. I think it is an Italian car thing because my Alfa 156 didn't have one either. Lol. Let me know and cheers,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same engine, different exhaust

Nice to hear from you. I was wondering more about the X history. Jon rebuilt the Yugo head and 34 carb. Matt test drove the X after rebuild, and the carb was re-jetted twice; said they could have went one more set but it was good for daily driver. I really appreciate their detail. The VW exhaust muffler was shot; the new exhaust sounds and looks awesome. Hope to post a video someday.

No Cup Holder

Only an unused speaker. I removed the radio that wasn't hooked up. I enjoy the drive listening to the engine and exhaust.
X%20Door%20Card1_zpsiow0avip.jpg

If someone would like a free radio and adapter, it's a Sherwood XR-4127.

I'd like the radio. Just for looks. The digital aftermarket one in my current car is way out of place! Lemme know

Very well loved gold X1/9 on this forum.
I remember Scott had this car before Eastep.

Eastep was proud of those FIAT side vents specific to 1982..:italia:

Those leather seats look spectacular!! Congrat & enjoy..:pimp:

Here is a 10-year old photo ...

... of your car. Looks like it's seen some changes for sure. :)

DSCF0036.jpg

Back