A dream fulfilled

rjplenter

True Classic
For decades (literally!) I have dreamed of having a Momo Prototipo steering wheel in one my cars.

I have finally realised that dream. :D

Cheers,

Rob

Looks great. It would look even better if that steering wheel column plastic surround was black.

mmmmmmmmmm.....leather...............

No Tony, I haven't had that dream.

Steve and Hussein, you can't beat the feel of leather, and the Prototipo wheel brings back many memories for me. I remember my Dad and I going to the races at Sandown to see the Formula 5000s.

They were wonderful, but I remember looking inside a Porsche 911 race car and the Momo steering wheel looked so stinkin cool!

Bob, I bought it on Amazon. Arrived in 48 hours.

I got the boss from an ebay seller in Thailand via a post on this forum.

BJ, you are absolutely right, the column covers should now be black.

I haven't had a chance to drive the X yet. Can't wait.....

Merci Yves

Mr. White was correct, the column surrounds needed to be black.

A couple of coats of black truck bed coating gave the pieces a nice "crinkle" finish and it will be very durable. Now I need to hit the adapter with the same paint to match.

When one coverts something for so long there is always the possibility that the expectation will exceed the reality. That is not the case this time. :grin: Over 50 miles on local mountain roads on Thursday proved that. For me, this steering wheel is perfectly suited to the X. In fact I can't believe how much better it feels compared to the standard steering wheel.

Cheers,

Rob

Nice wheel!!! There is no better feel than a fat leather steering wheel vibrating and pulsing through a hard corner. I have a black and red Nardi and love it. Cheers,

Thinner adapters

I think there may be other Fiat specific adapters that may be thinner. The one I am using places the wheel in the perfect position for me. It is slightly more reach to the indicators etc., but not worth worrying about.

A thicker leather wheel does transmit better road feel. Poor me, I have to drive from Evergreen up to Georgetown and back this morning. That's 80 miles on twisty mountain roads. :dance:

Back