Greetings from El Salvador

rcader

Fiat Central america
My father and I just acquired an 74' X and i thought it would be cool to post some pictures of our whole restoration process. We are located in El Salvador, Central America where we own a small sized Auto-body and Restoration Shop.

Since my high school graduation is in June and normal College courses start in January, my father thought that this would be a great "vacation" project.:jedi:

First off, the car has certainly seen better days but it has little rust, footwells and the general floor area are banged up but have no rust whatsoever. The only rust we could find on our initial checked up was under the mat in the rear trunk and around the windshield

More pictures coming Tomorrow

Welcome to Xweb!

Welcome rcader,

I think your father is right! Working on the X instead of goofing off is a much better use of time. I wish I could get my son interested in working on my Xs.

You will really enjoy the car when it is finished. Good luck with your project and I am looking forward to following your progress.

Welcome and The Rules

Welcome to XWeb!

We have rules, ya know.....

1. You can NEVER post too many pictures

2. PAPA TONY is always right

3. If any questions, refer to #1 and #2

Later editions have their mechanical improvements, but it is probably the general consensus on the forum that the early cars ('72-'74) are the purest expression of the X1/9's design.

Congratulations to you not only for scoring what looks to be a fantastic project, but for your accomplishments so far and Best Of Luck as you go forward with this X1/9 and with Life:clap::clap:

Welcome Rcader... to the dark side.

Looking forward to hearing and seeing more from you... also, are there many other X1/9s around you?

I believe there was a South American version built during the late 80's down that way called the Dardo out of Brazil.

Here's a link...

http://www.lexicarbrasil.com.br/dardo/

Welcome again and I am NOT always right!

HA!

My father and I just acquired an 74' X and i thought it would be cool to post some pictures of our whole restoration process. We are located in El Salvador, Central America where we own a small sized Auto-body and Restoration Shop.

Since my high school graduation is in June and normal College courses start in January, my father thought that this would be a great "vacation" project.:jedi:

First off, the car has certainly seen better days but it has little rust, footwells and the general floor area are banged up but have no rust whatsoever. The only rust we could find on our initial checked up was under the mat in the rear trunk and around the windshield

More pictures coming Tomorrow

Hola!!...hablo español, but better do it in english for the obvious reasons!!...right guys??
74's X1/9 are becoming scarce to find in good shape and here in the states are becoming very popular cause it was the first yr here and its lightness among other good things going for them.I bet there are not that many X's in El Salvador, so you probably own a unique car for sure.
Feel free to ask any questions, theres a bunch of knowledgeable people here that can help with anything.Welcome/Bienvenido al grupo, and yes, more pictures please!

Update May 11

Hello everyone, Thanks for the replies!

So today after school, we started to do some real work on the car. I know i said the car looked in good shape but we didn't check it completely since the car is so close to the floor. Today upon putting it on Jack stands and taking off the wheels, we discovered that, since the car was brought to El Salvador from the US, someone had moved the car using a forklift and messed up the underside (it is going to need major repairs). The floor pans were bent upward which moved the seat rails causing the seats to jam. and the Oil Pan or Oil Sump (idk :mallet:) got cracked and punctured :censored: ; the hole was so big i could insert my hand inside. Luckly we havent try to start the engine.

Sorry no new pictures because my phone died on me. but here are some pictures I took yesterday.

Looks like the Tazmanian Demon lived in the interior

Hola!

Yeah X1/9 are pretty scarce around here, heck any kind of Fiat are rare to see in working conditions. I wanted to put some Easter eggs around the whole restoration of this 74' but the heck with it, here it goes hahaha.

In El Salvador, there are 4 X's which are currently fully restored and functional. We have restored 3 of those and we currently own 2 of them. there are other 3 X1/9 but 2 of those are our Donor cars and the third is this one.

Here are some pictures I have collected over the past year. The Silver 79' one is my brother's car (sorry I don't have much pics of this one), The 75' Orange w/Stripes is my personal car and my go-to camera model and the 80' red is our latest restoration.

Yeah X1/9 are pretty scarce around here, heck any kind of Fiat are rare to see in working conditions. I wanted to put some Easter eggs around the whole restoration of this 74' but the heck with it, here it goes hahaha.

In El Salvador, there are 4 X's which are currently fully restored and functional. We have restored 3 of those and we currently own 2 of them. there are other 3 X1/9 but 2 of those are our Donor cars and the third is this one.

Here are some pictures I have collected over the past year. The Silver 79' one is my brother's car (sorry I don't have much pics of this one), The 75' Orange w/Stripes is my personal car and my go-to camera model and the 80' red is our latest restoration.

Oh well!!..you guys know your X1/9's!!

Back