Motivation!?!?!

deacoes

Banned User
I've been having trouble finding the motivation to get over this bit of a hurdle.

It took me 3 plus years to locate and acquire a replacement nose cone. It has some rust through but over all not in bad shape. I'm more worried about final spray then anything. I'll probably go with single stage and then look to redo the entire car again. May consider a drastic color change - 74' green.

My love affair started at the age of 6 and half looking out the back of my family's Chrysler 300 in 75 on a cold morning as my dad drove to the service station being followed by the mechanic who had to come by to get the big 440 started since the choke wasn't working. The mechanic was driving the most interesting car to a 7 year old in the most usual shade of green. That vision has stuck with me since and why I've always had to have a X near by.

Maybe the respray in green might just be the motivation I'm needing :hrmph:

Last edited:
Don't give up! You Can do IT!!!!

I know what its like to stare at your project and think to yourself "why am i still doing this?..."

It wasn't to long ago that I was toying with the idea of giving up hope on this...

But with the help and motivation of everybody on this forum, I have stuck with it! And am now on the home stretch of body work.

If you ever feel that motivation is at an all time low, head over to petrolicious.com and watch some of their beautiful short films that capture the essence of what it means to be a vintage automotive enthusiast. I guarantee you will get up after watching it, and head straight to the garage to tackle whatever the next step is. Specifically watch the FIAT/ABARTH/LANCIA/ALFA films.

http://www.petrolicious.com/he-built-this-alfa-romeo-berlina-it-built-his-career

enjoy, and keep at it.

Josh

On success

It looks like you are rebuilding that car from the ground.
Have another beer and keep going.:thumbsup:

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.(Winston Churchill)

THREE YEARS to locate a nose piece?

Shoulda checked here first I would guess...

HEY... you are almost there and BTW... Did I ever tell you about a LF fender I GLUED back into place? (Its true and doable and even a standard in the industry nowadays!)

As for the paint...

1) I would take it to a pro unless you are thoroughly familiar with the ART of using REDUCERS, and CATALYSTS, and HVLP guns and water-borne paints and the temperature and humidity factors that are all involved in today's painting process. I thought I was and the lesson only cost me about $200 bucks to find out I wasn't.

2) Two stage makes for a relatively effortless and great shine which many PURISTS don't like. But that would be my choice.

CONTINUE to post your progress here so we can (urge you) and cheer you on!

Back