What's better than Dark Milk Chocolate ?

lezesig1

expatriot

Answer: New Black Rubber.

Feel free to rebut if you disagree ?

Amazing how much rubber product is fitted to the auto. (As you know)THAT is a hard product to re-produce in our home/pro shops.

Elastomeric 3-D printer anyone ? Anyone ?

lezesig
'72 850Sp

Good point

Greg,

Boots in question not photographed.

However....some considerations.

Seal. Seal holder. Boot. Blank boot and just new seal?, Boot assembly, including seal.

Seal holder.....The aluminum one or the plastic one ?

Duromenter of (6) existing ones versus new.

FINDING: What REALLY surprised me is just how durable these boots are ! Especially compared to the more "rubbery" X 1/9 type CV boots.

After many years of service life all of my spares are in great shape. One of five is a tad 'stiffer' that the others. Not bad. The elastomer itself is VERY abrasion resistant. They chose a good compound for this design. Still an extremely tight seal around the seal holder too. (And), one of the most paramount parameters....still flexible.

I cannot say the same for the small boot on the other end of the axle. Poor design. Very poor. There looks like a high potential for splitting on the flanged portion after just a few hours of use. They could have designed much better. I wonder how THAT design got blessed ? lol

lezesig
'72 850Sp

Semi-Sweet Chocolate! As for the bushings and stuff...

I find them to be chewy, hard to swallow and have a taste that needs to be acquired I guess...

Give me Hershey's Semi-Sweet Kisses any time...

No such thing

As "Dark Milk Chocolate"

:)

It all starts as dark chocolate. Milk chocolate is dark chocolate with milk powder added.

(I'm a Master Chocolatier, amongst other skills.)

Good on ya for the rubber bits!

Maker

I specialized in hand-dipped truffles.

Master Chocolatier is a professional title in the culinary world.

I don't believe you! Send samples to my home address...

I'll need at least a pound or two in order to determine if yur tellin' the truth!

I am not degree-ed in this arena as a MASTER CHOCOLATIER CONSUMER... but I'm working on it!

HA!

Back