For Hussein's eyes only...

Thanks, Tony.

I don't think Bertone had anything to do with the 1800's, though. LOL at the 'rare and desired' 3 spd auto. Manual 4spd OD trans is much nicer.

I'd rather drive an MGB (similar suspension / handling / drivetrain), at least the roof comes off :D

Black-Tooth;230195... I believe the bodies on these were built by Bertone...[/QUOTE said:
I never made the Bertone connection. Just not his style. They do look similar or like something Pinin Farina would design.

Jeff... can you BELIEVE what Hussein just said...

"I'd rather drive an MGB (similar suspension / handling / drivetrain), at least the roof comes off :D"

Wait until I notify the Swedish Authorities of his blasphemous and treasonous comments! For SHAME!!!

HAHAHA!

Hey... I just loved the styling of this true GT SportWagon with the frameless tailgate... What a beauty. I gotta admit one thing that Hussein appeared to confirm... a 3 Speed Auto??? I thought most of the Euro Automatics were Borg-Warner 4 Speeds... maybe that is/was the problem with this one! HA!

"I'd rather drive an MGB (similar suspension / handling / drivetrain), at least the roof comes off :D"

Wait until I notify the Swedish Authorities of his blasphemous and treasonous comments! For SHAME!!!

HAHAHA!

At least he wasn't talking about Midgets, then we'd have issues.

I gotta admit one thing that Hussein appeared to confirm... a 3 Speed Auto??? I thought most of the Euro Automatics were Borg-Warner 4 Speeds... maybe that is/was the problem with this one! HA!

Pretty sure Volvo used the 3speed BW35/55 trans all the way to 78-79, then they switched to the 4speed (OD) AW70/71.

You have to see the diamond in the rough. Ugly? Me think not.
1969_Marcos_GT_For_Sale_Blue_resize.jpg

There's a Marcos here locally

You have to see the diamond in the rough. Ugly? Me think not.

Beautiful car in the metal. Extremely low, maybe 36 inches. The one here came with a Cologne (Ford) V6. It is thought to be the last of the wood-framed Marcos's produced. Problem with the wood is that it's basically plywood and eventually delaminates, which is why this one is not on the road. It is being restored though, it's owned by a classic car restoration shop owner, in his private collection (which includes a couple Scorpions, some TVRs, early Vettes, etc.).

Pete

I'd rather drive an MGB (similar suspension / handling / drivetrain), at least the roof comes off :D

The 1800 coupe is appreciably more attractive than the wagon (just how many sports cars have ever had a station wagon variant?)... and many many years ago a friend's father owned a red 1800 coupe that had been converted to a full ragtop. It was seriously pretty - the uninterrupted straight lines of the body don't need the B-pillars to tie the front and back together - and much nicer than the average MGB.

I'm not sure how it did for chassis rigidity without the roof though.

Gee Whiz, Hussein... We're trying to embrace this...

Volvo/Fiat thing you've got going... and point you towards some real nice projects (since you appear to have all the time in the world with an endless expense account...) and all you do is shrug us off!

HAHAHAHA~

So... can we at least see what is going on with the Dallara lately!

Volvo/Fiat thing you've got going... and point you towards some real nice projects (since you appear to have all the time in the world with an endless expense account...) and all you do is shrug us off!

HAHAHAHA~

So... can we at least see what is going on with the Dallara lately!

Back to working on the Volvo at the moment. Took it on the autocross track * Carlisle, and lost 2nd gear at high rpm 1-2shifts. Works fine in normal driving.

Also converted the eBrake from drum/shoes (inside the disc brake setup) to hydraulic mechanism that acts on the caliper.
DEA0780D-811D-48CF-8355-D6F85883C13E_zpsxf3hc7sy.jpg

1D060362-09E0-45D8-866B-3692BBF54521_zpscrvk0mhn.jpg

6786BD1F-2876-4581-B86B-137775337EE9_zpsx2nt4gmj.jpg

Trying to get it over 500AWHP, but running into ignition issues. Trying to tune with GM LS2 coils now.

C6AA53AD-2DD0-40D1-97D3-02E977607DB6_zpsvuqzj1nf.jpg

no accounting for taste I guess :grin:
it's the whole genre I like, looks like it fell out of a speed racer episode.

Back