Fiat X1/9 now availale Forza Motorsports

Jim,

That looks pretty realistic. The green reminds me of the '77 X I bought in '77. Now I like yellow.:)

Mike

That is Paul Valente's car

They used his amazing blue 74 X as a model to get everything right. Looks great.

They needed a Euro '75 and they ended up photographing my mongrel 1974 car and photo-shopping in the changes they wanted. Higher engine lid, side marker blanking plates, clear front indicators, etc.
I put amber turn signal lenses in for the shoot and restored a steel wheel with a correct Michelin XZX 145SR-13 tire on it so they would have good reference pictures.
The modeling represents a huge amount of work and dedication to authenticity on Microsoft's part. I'm sure that someone could find inaccuracies, but in general it is pretty darn good! Microsoft's Fred Russell (an Alfisti) was a pleasure to work with and we became friends out of the deal as well.
10369202_843541132340046_7854556722044751938_n.jpg

10411230_924941514200007_7196668554580458104_n.jpg

You worked with Fred?

You are a fortunate man, indeed. Fred is a gem.

I've gotten to know him through the local Alfa club over the years (I have two Alfas). This past Valentine's Day he saw me on the side of the road, waiting for the flatbed (the 77 Alfa's ignition module had died). He pulled over and kept me company for a while in the late afternoon. He assured me he wasn't jeopardizing his life by being away from home so long. :)

Fred

Yeah, Fred was great! We chatted several times about the project and exchanged historic pictures of X1/9s and so forth. Every phone call was at least 45 mins because we would get off subject and the next thing you know we would be talking about Chevrolet Monte Carlos or a guy from the Lancia CLub or Renault R5 Turbos or who know what.

Last year when the Alfa Club had its National Convention in Detroit we got to meet face-to-face and hang out. Full of stories, good company and always a big smile on his face. Good guy!

Very cool

Hi Paul,

It really is amazing how real the car comes across in the game video.
The only area that looked a little strange to me was the area of the 1974 chrome trim around the rear valence.
Is that because they photoshopped it out to make it look 1975?

Personally, I have only seen 2 or 3 cars with the 1974 rear valence panel but without the chrome trim. My buddy has a late 1975 Euro car and it has the later panel with removable muffler access panel.

Back