I need MORE POWER!!!

Black-Tooth

Tony Natoli
If a 500+ HP LS6 Chevy fits in a 914... we oughtta be able to make it work in and X1/9!

Matt... Mike... Damon... Bernice... Tony... anyone? What do ya think?

more power

I don't know whatcha been smoking.....BUT I WANT SOME!!
:dance2:
that so total overkill......but I like it..
nothing like punching the throttle and flipping back on the roof.
they have put northstar v-8's in fieros so I guess it is possible.
can you call my wife and explain why I need another x??
or do you have a room for rent??
mikemo

My cousin put one in his Miata...

....fits nicely and the weight of the aluminum block engine isn't much more than the Miata engine.

Gnarly!

That's going to be a rocketship! People have been putting V8's in 914's for quite a while though. Just look up Renegade Hybrids...

The longitudinal layout of the 914's drivetrain is conducive to such a swap structurally. They don't have the coolant pipes running to the front though! With a transverse layout you simply run into width issues.

The v8 that would fit? Hartley's hayabusa derived engine :worship:

I think Hartley sold out though, maybe the deal with Ariel?

LS4

You can try the LS4 variant along with it's transaxle. Cable shift and shallow pulleys. Sure it could be made to fit if you are willing to have a tube frame for everything behind the seats.

How about a small olds 215 V8?.....i saw one the other day for $500 at Pates swapmeet here at TMS and that thing is small!!

You forgot the other 914 option that really gets a man's attention

BBQ... yum!

914BBQgrill1311107515.jpg

Forget the (Ford?) V6 - how's about a Fiat 20V Supercharged in 037?

file.php

http://turbo124.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=13032

PS - the bloke who is doing this has finished his mid mounted 2L Volumex into 128 sedan project. He did that after putting a 130V6 into a 131. He is also making good progress on his Alfa 33 1.7 16v in 850 Coupe "toy".

So this is not one of those internet projects that never gets finished. It will be fast. The engineering will be spectacular.

Rob, any more info or photos of this X1/9-CADILLAC?

82lx.jpg

I remember seeing a video of it in action... but not on the road and it was for sale. Gone in 60 seconds too somewhere in the Northeast. IT WAS INSANE... Basically an El Dorado engine and FWD drive-train bolted to the rear with NO upgrade (or consideration) to the brakes or front suspension.

CRUDE, RUDE, INSANE, and I dunno why I loved and wanted this car... HA!

... and not only small... but powerless! HA!

We're talkin' about over-the-top MONSTERS here an you bring a knife to a gun fight!

I think you have maybe been flyin' too high without enough O2, Alpert!

Back