I love my mom.

Jepp78bertone

True Classic
Today is Mother's Day in Canada, and I am so thankful for my mum who has graciously tolerated my occupancy of her garage space over the last 3 and a half years.

I have fiat junk flowing out of every corner of our basement workshop, and I Have stuff in storage completely filling up our shed. I sometimes wonder how she tolerates it all.

I spend every waking hour hammering and grinding away in the garage. She has been very supportive in the project, but I'm sure she wants it out of the garage just as bad as I want to drive it.

Today I attempted at showing my appreciation for her by detailing her car and reminding her that I still love her more then my Fiat, even though she probably thinks otherwise. Hehe

I hope that today is a special day for all mothers!
Any good Mother's Day stories out there?

Last edited:
Nice of you to remember and write...

I have no remarkable stories to tell but it was my Mom that was a Navy Wave Nurse in the Long Island Naval Hospital when my Dad returned from the Fiji's with an injured back during WWII. Because of her fine nursing skills...

HERE I AM!

Maybe that was remarkable in its own right...

My wife now is the sole remaining Matriarch and she is the "mother" we worship and honor on Mother's Day... along with the fine women that gave birth and nurture my grandchildren. Yesterday was quite a party with kids and grand-kids and four furry family members all running around this house screaming with delight.

Great stuff... its 10:30 AM this Monday... and I am about to get up now after all the festivities...

Nice!

I had a chance to take my mom for a drive with the roof off many years ago in my '78. We went for a nice long drive.

Normally she'd never want to have the roof off, but it was a beautiful day and she loved every second of it! :)

She also tolerated me having the garage full of my crap, parts cars on the driveway, parts in the basement, begging for money from her to fix my Fiat... I miss her a lot - and I love her forever! :)

My mom has always been (mostly) supportive (tolerant?) of my car obsession. I sure wouldn't have finished the long road to a mechanical engineering degree without her support. She actually drives an X1/9 so it doesn't get much better than that! Ok, technically it's mine but she keeps the X and my 124 wagon charged and periodically driven between my visits home. The wagon gets points for ingress/egress and general approval by the public, but the X became her daily driver for quite a few years while my sister "borrowed" her car for college and subsequent years. Mom has tolerated leaky Targa seals, occasional loose starter solenoid wires, clutch and brake masters that die every few years, slow wipers, and a heater that never heats up but she still enjoys popping the top on a sunny summer day in CA!

WOW Courtney... Its no wonder why you are...

the way you are!

HA!

Good to hear from you... Would you mind telling us what you are up to these days? I have a sneaky suspicion yur messin' around with some 'Late-Models' or full blown NASCAR rides...

Heya Tony

Don't want to steal a thread from the moms... But in short, I'm not doing any roundy-round stuff. I'm still doing engineering in the armored vehicle biz. Vacations are sparse (a shrinking industry with fewer actual car guys surprisingly) so I haven't been able to sneak back to SoCal in some time. Still expanding the design/engineering skills and filing away Fiat-applicable bits for future reference :). And always adding tools and bits to my (mostly storage) shop for wayward rusty Fiats with ambitions of restoration.

I have been getting some work done here and there so new 128 web pages will emerge eventually. Current Fiat tally is 8 so I'm definitely not out of the game!

-Courtney

WHOA! So look... the month of November for BFI...

would be a great time to visit Mom and the rest of us here in SoCal!

Good to hear you are doing well...

If your mom was like mine then she is with you all the time. My mom was there when I was born. I miss my mom dearly. A Poem to mothers...
A Poem to Me Mudder

When me prayers were poorly said, Who tucked me in me widdle bed, And spanked me till me ass was red?
Me Mudder

Who took me from me cozy cot And put me on me ice-cold pot, And made me pee if I could not?
Me Mudder

And when the morning light would come, And in me crib me dribble some, Who wipe me tiny widdle bum?
Me Mudder

Who would me hair so gently part, And hug me gently to her heart, And sometimes squeeze me till me fart?
Me Mudder

Who looked at me with eyebrows knit, And nearly had a king size fit, When in my Sunday pants me ****?
Me Mudder

When at night the bed did squeak, Me raised me head to have a peek, Who yelled at me to go to sleep?
Me Fadder

Happy Mother's Day!

Hey Tony your mentioning the Long Island Naval Hospital where your mom worked triggered a huge memory for me. As a child I would pass by there everyday on my way to school, although I never set foot inside I was in awe of the Iowa Jima Flagraising statue out front and the uniformed personnel going in and out. I knew it as the St Albans Naval Hospital. During the Vietnam war it was very busy treating wounded marines and other personnel. Not sure if it is still there, but I do have great memories of my mom taking me to the nearby five and dime store and pizza parlor. Happy Canadian mothers day.

Woo, not sure what's happening here. "Help Mr. Wizzard". Either I'm having an episode or some posts got mixed up somehow.

Mr. Kimball, lets return to your original thread for the "oil return tube" stuff. These pages are a help. I'll see you there.

Mr. Kimball, lets return to your original thread for the "oil return tube" stuff. These pages are a help. I'll see you there.

Woo I didn't know I posted this on the wrong page... I will delete that post and rewrite it where it belongs... Where's that drinking smiley when you need it?!

P.S. Mums are great. Mine helped pay for half of my X1/9 since I was a broke college bloke.

Woo I didn't know I posted this on the wrong page... I will delete that post and rewrite it where it belongs... Where's that drinking smiley when you need it?!

P.S. Mums are great. Mine helped pay for half of my X1/9 since I was a broke college bloke.
I believe it’s some error on xweb(there were some other non related comments on other topics)

P.S. my mum is as great as Yours

Back