Need some help on rescuing my X from a bad shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Offensive threats

I have a to do list, several quotes and approvals. In Ca. you pay your bill and then go to court. I do not even need a signature just documented calls and quotes per the Ca Bureau of Automotive repair. I am however offended at some of the language used here, I assume it is all tongue and cheek, I, however as a professional do not find it funny.

Wow! This is a good example of why I do all my own work and never do mechanic work on other people's cars. Two widely different stories here. Sounds like a job for an arbitrator. Good luck guys.

workmanship

must be lonely up in that ivory tower.
it sounded to me that he wanted it running, not a "show winner".
you should have notified him that you do restorations, and not an auto repair shop.
if it indeed it took him 2 weeks to bring the header over, that should have been a red flag to you! did you call him and notify of the header not fitting and ask how HE wanted to proceed?? I don't think so. and working for fiat and in the automotive industry for 40 some odd years, I have never seen or purchased a header that needed the body cut.
maybe the muffler was installed on the system and it had a sagging lower mount and now is rusted on and THAT doesn't clear. cut the body??
wow
if he signed a repair order for the 4k, he is stuck with that and will have to bite the bullet. if it was verbal you ,my friend, face that same bullet.
and always remember one mans turd is another's treasure. and should be treated as such.
and from your post... you kinda lack that bedside manner that keeps people coming back.
and life does get in the way sometimes with work, wife, kids.
oh that's right.... ivory tower.
mikemo
to keep face I would sit down with him and find a viable price and give till next weekend to pick her up....AND then start storage.
you sound bitter in your post too. you might have done more damage to yourself than you know

Lets look at this from a different point of view Mike,

Customer Drops off car at shop. Shop starts working on car and car has some issues, Customer allegedly leaves some sub par parts. Maybe the customer and the shop at the time don't realize yet the parts have issues.

The shop advises the customer that he is going about the restoration in an inefficient way causing the shop to have to do double the work. They have a disagreement in terms.

Now fast forward. Customer complains not to the Bar, Not to the Shop but here on Xweb And doesnt mention the shop (good for him)

Xweb cronies chime in with wisdom such as we will send some big Italian dudes down to show him how its done in a black Cadilac, Then that person recants it and erases it. Then every so called expert chimes in about BAR or hiring an attorney. And you wonder why the shop owner is irretated or comes off with a bad bedside manor.

I think every time there is a post like this people should take some time and read between the lines. Maybe both parties are at fault for not communicating properly. Did you ever think of that? There is a reason that Tom came to Xweb asking advice. He obviously has not spoken to the shop owner and attempted to resolve this.

Thread locked

This get's nowhere guys. Let's let tdskip and snowman settle this off-line.
I'm locking the thread before things get totally out of hand.

Closing this thread

I think this has gone far enough here on Xweb. tdskip hasn't posted to this thread since May 22nd. The rest of us are running with imperfect information and lots of speculation.

At this point, Tdkip needs to get together with Snowman1 and work this out. Nothing will be resolved here on Xweb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back