How many Xs are still on the road?

I actually saw one yesterday but it wasn't on the road. Instead it was in what looked like a fenced in tow yard in Bremen, Georgia. I'm guessing it was a 1986-87 by the factory looking rear wing. It was white and the targa was off. I thought to myself poor little Fiat!

I have 2 in storage, 2 in the body shop and 2 in the repair shop:grin:

In a few weeks. I will have Two in storage, 2 in the body shop, 1 in the repair shop and 1 on eBay..:eek:mg::lol::grin:

Then My goal is to have one on the road and the rest restored and on eBay.

In time. In time.:nuts:

That's right, guess I've just gotten so used to never seeing another one off my own property.:lol:

Maybe June...

Just brought the engine back to life last week after a long slumber in my dad's barn. Swapped out the clapped out mismatched struts for newish KYBs and euro springs the week before. New 175/60-13 on my CD-16 OE on the '83 I bought new in '85. Spiffed up the brake hangers, new rotors pads clips etc... Taking a step back and rebuilding all four calipers off my '86 donor located outside Charleston ,SC sometime next week. Will try to rebuild both axles this weekend. All but one piece of pipe is on it's way for new exhaust... Will post photos when I sort out the fabrication. My dad has a stash of Xs we have accumulated over the years so I got a passenger seat that looks like I plucked it out of a car while shopping for my first in May of '81! Was able to put a drivers seat together from three others. Stripped bumpers and making new nurf style replacements modifying the grill to go with new covers. If all goes as planned I will be driving these awesome roads here in WNC where I now call home some time early June. Body not that great, the cars that is, mines OK... can't complain! :grin: Mike, my daughter is a rising Jr at Winthrop so I would not be too surprised if my X1/9 made an appearance or more around Rock Hill! Sorry so long and probably belongs in what did you do thread but I would rather inform about another X jumping back on the road.
Regards,
Tony
Fairview NC (28730)
'79 X1/9 almost driving
'86 X1/9 donor
'88 Yugo GVL son's DD
'91 Yugo GV Plus... Resto/project complete running not driving

Look me up when you float out this way. I'll be in Charleston this weekend, but not in the X (she's getting stripped, polished, sealed and waxed).

I'm 5 minutes from Winthrop :D

how many fiats

I have pared down to two.
both insured, and registered, but in various states of re-assembly.
hope to have them finished and painted before summer starts and iron out any problems.
gonna come and get you papa tony!!:grin:
mikemo

I have driven our X across the country from Maine to Washington and have made two round trips from WY to OH without seeing an X on the road But, I have been to Matt's shop in Ohio and have seen several in different states of repair. I did make two round trips from WY to CA and saw quite a few at The BFI car show. :D
As mentioned in a previous post There is one running around in N. Wyoming. No matter where I go, the Queen is noticed and receives favorable comments, even though few know the car's make.

Back