Great X1/9 vid from Mark Weinberger in AU:

Kudos Mark

Did you have to 'stay up all night to get lucky' finding that one. :grin:

That year X and that backing tune - Funky, it takes me back to when I was a teenager

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeEQDtk63H4

I can't 'move' like that anymore I leave that to the turbo X as she is now the one that boogies. :dance2:

BZ

Thanks

Great to hear you all enjoyed the video. I also enjoyed the trip and making the video. This car is amazing one owner and very original. Here are some pictures of the car up close you won't believe your eyes. Thanks again.

IMG_8369.jpg

IMG_2116.jpg

IMG_8386.jpg

IMG_2052.JPG

IMG_8368.jpg

Stunningly beautiful!!!

And the scenery is pretty good too!

Thanks Mark, that is a great video. Made me a touch homesick and I'm pretty sure that my wife is going to insist on a trip to Tassie on our next visit Down Under.

Cheers,

Rob

Great to hear you all enjoyed the video. I also enjoyed the trip and making the video. This car is amazing one owner and very original. Here are some pictures of the car up close you won't believe your eyes. Thanks again.

Thats a beauty for sure! Great find! I liked seeing the consold and how it's set up with the internationial symbols for the hvac and switchgear, especially the heat control levers. What does the switch symbol on the right side of the shift gaiter represent?

video

awesome!!
but you guys are on the wrong side of the road.....no ...wait.... there is no wrong side of the road in an x. the people coming towards you are just on the wrong road.
and zonk, the switch on the right of the console is a three prong "dummy" switch I believe just to add symmetry to the console.
could be used for fog lights, that spinning disco ball hanging from the mirror (total chick magnet)....anything ya need!
mikemo
:dance2:

and zonk, the switch on the right of the console is a three prong "dummy" switch I believe just to add symmetry to the console.
could be used for fog lights, that spinning disco ball hanging from the mirror (total chick magnet)....anything ya need!
mikemo
:dance2:

Mikey,its the USA that's a dummy switch. Look at the pics. It's not dots on the switch face.

Switch

That switch is the fog lap symbol switch. This is the only car I have ever seen with the original fog lamp switch. My other series one just has a blanking plate.

I have owned a x1/9 since 1990 and over the years have owned every model and still have a few of them still today.I'm 6"2 by far the series 1 has much more leg room as the dash is further back then the other series. The later 1988 has the worst combination. The seat is lower so you get more head height but the roof has a lining so you lose the space you gained. Also the steering wheel is more flat so rubs on your leg more.

APPLAUSE! APPLAUSE!

Looks like a great trip... and lodging was the only real opulent expense!

Thanks for sharing... and I wanna come visit you for a few months too!

How original and so beautiful

Great.
Even the RPM settles at zero with the engine off, all ours rest at 500 RPM...
Great car.
Thanks

zonk

maybe I am the dummy switch:worship:
that x is right hand drive, so I suppose it maybe for rear fog lights???
dunno but a beautiful x nonetheless.
altho, since fiat tried to cut costs and all parts were mostly interchangeable......all consoles from late 74 and up had two switches mounted in the lower console with one spare on the passenger side. driver's side had the rear defogger switch and the other was to fill the hole on the passenger's side.
I am now awaiting being chastised by papa tony!!:grin:
mikemo

Nope.......!

.....that x is right hand drive, so I suppose it maybe for rear fog lights???....

That switch is for front DRIVING lights - installed as OEM on RHD Serie Speciale 1300 X1/9's for the UK/Euro market only (AFAIK).
My '78 1300 Serie Speciale (supplied new to the UK market) had a matching pair of front Carrello driving lights, with factory-installed wiring and front-bumper mounted bracketry (clearly custom-made for the purpose).
When I bought my X in 1999, the Carrello driving light housings had quite serious rust problems, so I replaced the lights with a pair of identically-shaped accessory fog lamps, but retained all the OE fitting brackets and switch/wiring.
My X still retains its originality (which I like) other than to "purists" who sometimes point out "hey, them fog lamps ain't original, mate!" :shock2:

cheers, Ian - NZ

Back