Mirafiori Oregon Event, Ashland, Oregon, JUly 21-24

Andy

True Classic
Greetings everyone!
The 2016 Oregon Event is just a week away.
Weather looks be just about perfect, Day time highs in the upper 80s. Nights in the mid-50s.
The lake has made an amazing recovery since last year, it is currently about 60% full, so it there will be lots of beach area.
We are in a different area this year. Same lake, just a few miles further down the shore.
We have secured a group camp area known as Asperkaha. We will be the only group in there so we can be a rowdy as we desire, and won't have to deal with others being rowdy. There is a camp host on site, so we will have to keep it down to a dull roar.
I will have signs along the road starting at the entrance to the resort (where we previously gathered) to assist finding the new site.
Here are the directions provided by the County.
Location/Directions:
Howard Prairie Dam Access Road, Ashland, Oregon - 45 miles southeast of Medford, OR
26 miles east of Ashland, OR - Take I-5 to Ashland Exit 14, east on Highway 66 (1 mile)
Take Dead Indian Memorial Rd (Mountain Lakes) approx. 17 miles to Hyatt Prairie Rd
Go approx. 5 miles to Dam Road, take Dam Road to Apserkaha
From the web site (http://jacksoncountyor.org/parks/Camping/Howard-Prairie-Lake/Apserkaha-Park) Here are some details about the facility.
Apserkaha Amenities:
9 RV Sites with Water & Electric Hookups
12 fully enclosed, lighted, bunk-style sleeping cabins
Enclosed Commercial Kitchen (reserved use only)
Covered Dining Shelter (seats 80)
Picnic Tables and Barbecues Pits
ADA Compliant Vault Toilets and Showers
Easily Accessible Swimming Beach (no lifeguards provided)
Group Campfire Rings
Kitchen Equipment: (Group Reservations ONLY)
Commercial Propane Range, with large grill and oven
Two large double door refrigerators
One upright freezer
Automatic Dishwasher
Double Carafe Coffee Pot
Microwave Oven
Dishware and Silverware
Sleeping Cabins: (sleep 6 - 8)
Bunk style sleeping, with cot-style mattresses
Light
Fire Extinguisher and Smoke Alarm
Outdoor Firepit and Picnic Table
The facility is paid for, Thank You! to the folks that contributed to that expense. We will have a donation jar set up to collect funds for next year. Our reservation begins at 3:00 PM Tuesday and we have to have the place cleaned up and vacated by Noon on Sunday. I will be up there on Tuesday, I do not know if there is any cell phone coverage, I expect there is not, but in case there is, my number is (541) 944-5313.
It's going to be a great year, I am looking forward to seeing everyone who attends.

Schedule

Can you remind me, and inform others, what the shared meal schedule is? I know we have the big shared dinner (or is that two, one from Ali and one as a spaghetti feed) and big shared breakfast but I don't remember which days are what. And I know we usually share anyways, no one goes hungry... I think maybe when Ali makes her huge dish that's an unofficial shared meal??
Mostly I just want to know which day I should be making the pancakes :)

We went to this Event.!! Was a great event.

I don't remember the count but the X was the most common car their.

We left Saturday to make sure we were home for some other issues.

Great location, Great people, Great visiting.

Was My first time their and we were made to feel very welcome.

Their was even had a car show up on the wrecker and the support from others to jump right in and work on the issue. (still don't know for sure what the problem was as it was still being worked on as we had to pull out.)

Looking very forward to next year!!

Fun event as usual

I had a nice time hanging around fellow FIAT junkies again. There was some great food courtesy of fantastic people that do it year after year.

Decided to leave today for home with hopes that my failing water pump would get me there. Sadly it had other plans just shy of I-5 exit 40 and I made the remainder of the journey in the air conditioned comfort of a tow truck. Thank you to Rod and family for keeping me company at the side of the road, and AAA for covering a huge chunk of the nearly 140 mile tow.

I'm excited that the tradition of event stickers is being restarted, I have no way to remember which event I attended during the great sticker famine of (2012-2015?).

Here's a picture of many of the cars taken this morning.

6B0A03CE-A52C-4DD5-9DAB-4D5A0586AE29.jpg

It was a pleasure to meet you Rod.

Loved checking out your car, even the moment of confusion when I thought someone was driving mine... LOL I think there were 7 X 1/9s

JTs car appears to be 100% fixed, a new electronic ignition was installed as was an upgrade to a 34DTMR carb.

Sorry to hear of your water pump issues, Steve.

Having the stickers again will be great!
Hopefully everyone else gets home without troubles!

JTs car appears to be 100% fixed, a new electronic ignition was installed as was an upgrade to a 34DTMR carb.

I heard that the tow truck driver was pretty confused about dropping JT off at a campground.

It would blow his mind to know that not only would the car be *fixed*, it would be *improved* while there as well. :nuts:

What a group! :grouphug:

Glad it was a good turnout. I'm sorry I couldn't make it. I had prescheduled camping trip. Maybe next year we'll have the 74 finished up with k20 and the currently running 77 running a little better by then. That's a tall order with all of the other things I have to do around the house and all, but its fun to dream.

Saginaw, bummer about the water pump.

Back