sleeping in the garage

dragonsgate

True Classic
My wife and I went to the big city to do some shopping and when we got back the power had been out for a few hours and was still off. It was 95 out and the house was fairly warm so we sought out the coolest spot of our multi level house which was the lowest point and happen to be the garage. We hadn't bothered to open the electric garage door so the dodge was left outside. I filled the air mattress and put it on the floor next to my X1/9. It was another three hours or better before the power came back on so in that time between reading and dozing I lay there and looked at my car at hub level and came to the conclusion that these are some cool looking little cars.

Yes

Cool looking little cars. But probably one of the worst if you had to sleep IN one...

Don't ask me how I know!

Daniel Forest
Montréal, Canada

Cool looking little cars. But probably one of the worst if you had to sleep IN one...

Don't ask me how I know!

Daniel Forest
Montréal, Canada

My wife and I spent a night in a 63 Renault Caravel. The interior was very much like a Karmann Ghia so I can imagine what an X would be like. Then there was the time when we were more flexible we was riding in the back of Ghia and I started grabassen. Thought we was going to have to call the fire department to get us out before we manged to get straightened out ourselves.

they are not so bad to sleep in.. Trick is being VERY tired. Traveling with a small ground and we all need fuel. And park at the fuel pump at 2 in the morning waiting for them to open. sleep happened very fast!!

I know the feeling well...

A few years back my brother and I agreed to meet in Visalia CA for a friend's 60th surprise birthday.

We both arrived mid afternoon but I was a few hours ahead of him... so I went to the pool with a drink in hand and reclined to relax.

Then I saw him... casually parked near the pool with no others around. I could not take my eyes offa Black Tooth, he was simply BEAUTIFUL! I stayed out there for hours, even after my brother arrived!

HA!

I just did this the other night. Air-mat + Buick.

https://vt-stromer.smugmug.com/Other/Roadmaster/i-5CN4kpx/A

Ah, station wagons... My very first car was a 60 Chevy station wagon. My wife and my courtship was in that wagon. I would come in to Riverside from San Diego every weekend grab my surf board and head back to the beach or sometimes we would go to the mountains but mostly the beach. I had a mattress in the back and the windows were blacked out. We spent a lot of time in that car. My wife always scoffs at the word courtship though because after a day of her sitting on a blanket watching me out on the ocean trying to catch waves we would spend the night in the back of the wagon with a 10' 5" surfboard between us. I like to reminisce about those times and have mentioned on occasion that we should find another 60 Chevy wagon and travel around in it. I always get one of those sideways looks.

This pic was taken in 68 above Lake Elsinore Ca.

Back