Question regarding poly vs standard bushings

rocco79/138

True Classic
I am rebuilding the front end and I am wondering if the poly bushings for the strut rods are a useful upgrade. I can see where they would make a huge difference on a FWD car like 128 or Yugo but if I am not autocrossing or racing in any way is anything other then stock really necessary? Thanks
Regards

I am rebuilding the front end and I am wondering if the poly bushings for the strut rods are a useful upgrade. I can see where they would make a huge difference on a FWD car like 128 or Yugo but if I am not autocrossing or racing in any way is anything other then stock really necessary? Thanks
Regards

If you are just going to the grocery store every once in a while like I do then rubber bushings are fine, but if every once in a while you like to take that curvy back road home like I do then poly can make a noticeable difference in your driving through the turns pleasure. Poly's do transmit a bit more of the road back at you but not all that bad. If it is a smooth ride you want then take the Lincoln town car but if you want a little more from your sports car then go poly.

Back