So long...

fiatmonkey

Tim Hoover
Hi all,

I decided to sell the k20-x19 and it will be going to it's new and very happy home soon. This will mean I will officially no longer own ANY X19s and likely not own another for a long time (never say never...)

I did want to say a big thank you to everyone who has helped me out over the years in my resto and resto-mod efforts. Also a HUGE thank you to the xWeb forum team for running and managing such a great forum site.

I won't be very active on the site, but will lurk from time to time.

-Tim

I didn't see that coming...

You put a lot of work into that car Tim. I am sure the new owner will be very happy with it.

Don't be a stranger. ;)

Hi Tim,
I'm glad that you had another buyer within a short time. I sure hope this one actually pans out.
Still have those bumpers i sold you ? If you do i'll get them next week. I'm gonna restore this last one and call it quits myself. The Vette is ready for that supercharger i've been needing ?:excited:

Tim and Ty

Tim and Ty

Never say never for sure. Ty I have a brand new floor mat for your restoration... Give me a ride on the supercharge Vette...

I will miss your posts

You have really been a great inspiration and a source of info for me in regards to my K20 project. So sorry to see you leave the X world.

Disappointing but I get it, your posts are great to see what is up

My car has sat dormant for 3 or 4 years now while I focused on another project. For me I will hold on to it but I have often considered selling it for something more current. My son has shown a great interest in my car so for me another Avenue to go down. Let us know your next acquisition.

Bummer!

Tim your posts and you will be missed here. I really enjoyed following your progress. Will the new owner become an xweb member?

supercharger

what year vette??? if it sporting an LS 1, I have one here off a 2001 Camaro. it is a belt driven Paxton. I was going to put on my 97 Tahoe, but the bracket geometry was off and wasn't into fabbing a new setup.
let me know if interested.
mikemo

Enjoyed following your posts on your build!

Funny if this was the Mini forum there would be all kinds of negative replies saying: Told you so, you wouldn't like a VTEC in a Mini and you would sell it once completed!

But that's one thing I like about the X world - there isn't this sigma against building your X to be whatever you want even if it isn't original.

Hoping the X bug bites you again!

Funny if this was the Mini forum there would be all kinds of negative replies saying: Told you so, you wouldn't like a VTEC in a Mini and you would sell it once completed!

But that's one thing I like about the X world - there isn't this sigma against building your X to be whatever you want even if it isn't original.

Hoping the X bug bites you again!

Yah - I actually got a rant first hand from some fart while at Alice's restaurant on 35 and woodside a few weeks back. He owned a PERFECT Alfa spider and gave me a hard time about my engine swap, a blasphemy to Italian cars, etc., A guy standing nearby who I think drove up in a Miata waited till he was done barking at me and said "So, what do you think about the new Fiat 124s...?" The guy didn't say a word and walked off.

But other than a polite "IMO..." comment here on Xweb, I have never felt anyone was attacking in anyway. I think X19 owners/lovers respect engineering and go-fast and go-fun first, when it comes to these cars maybe.

I hope the x bug doesn't bite me again. My luck, the value of these babies will sky rocket first... :(

I only wish...

The only regret is that I didn't get to ride in your supercharged K20. Probably better for me anyways - all I need is to experience what a K20 can be. For now I just want my sled on the road.

I'm down in Santa Clara every week Tim, so I'll do my best to hit up a cars 'n coffee one of these weekends and look you up. I'm sure we'll meet again.

If you end up with a 308 GT4 or a Miura - I insist on a ride!

Cheers. -Darin

I'm sorry to hear that you are out of the X. I enjoyed your posts and was looking forward for more info as I am begining my K20 mod on my '87.

Back