Fiat X1/9 1982 restoration/race build

Finally,I did it! Last run this year,i had enough traction to break the 11s limit! 10.971*199kmh :love:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4y5ZBZUmCmw"]FIAT X1/9 1.6T drag, 10.971sec 199.75km/h run, Kiskunlacháza, 2016-okt-02 - YouTube[/ame]

Glad to see you are having a good time and pleased with your car. Is there any way to get the pictures of the build in the first part of this thread? I was looking for those pictures before your latest post. Those were some great pictures.

Thanks for sharing the photos Radics. Such hard work and such skill should be seen. Here is tip...If you lay off all that cake I saw maybe you could knock a second or two of the elapse time.

Thanks for the link - that's one heck of a project.

A little confusing without narrative - it looks like you are building a complete motor - so what's the deal with the details of the old motor head gasket, pistons/bores? You going to run that initially to get the tuning etc done? What is the trans & shifter from, since it required an adaptor plate?

I used the stock engine with forged pistons and rods,in combination with a Punto GT 67.4mm stroke crank to have 1.6L engine. Stock gasket didnt hold too long,so i sourced a fire ring gasket from Nava linea.
Tranny is a VW G60/TDI,i made a custom combination of different gears/diff to meet my requirements.

I see now - at a glance, I didn't see the piston crown as being the same as the earlier pic of the piston.

Elderair on here has used the same Nava Linea setup on his 1.9L.

I have gone through several HG on my 1600 stroker due to detonation - in my case I need to resolve the timing mapping.

With a turbo setup I can appreciate the need to alter gearing substantially from stock - I had a PTE6262bb turbo on my Volvo, and with a power band in the 4-9k rpm range, the stock 6 speed gearing was less than optimal.

Back