Alternative Engine Swaps...

Hussein, the swap in question is the ecotec 2.0 L with the Getrag F23 w/LSD transmission.

Threads lock after 90 days of inactivity

Hi everyone,

Perhaps a moderator can chime in and tell me what they think about this.

clark

Hi Clark,

I am a mod on Xeb.

IIRC, threads lock after 90 days (maybe its 60 days?) of inactivity and can no longer be modified without mod involvement. We get requests to unlock threads every once in a while so that folks can add to them again.

On the specific topic of this thread. It was stingray's story to share. He shared for a while, then decided to withdraw the info. I have no idea why, but I am sure he had a reason. It happens.

My advice is that if you see content that you want for future reference, copy it to your personal device.

motor

hate to say it but I am a purest when I come to motor choices.....but for the sake of argument a rotary wankel. al c. did it and I was extremely upset with his decision seeing what he had accomplished with the motor he raced back in the day.
it is super light, super small, hella horsepower. down side is that the rotor vanes wore quickly and a rebuild was In order. pretty sure they have addressed that in the later engines.
mikemo

Yep, what Jim said. All posts were edited by Stingray...

If truly interested, PM Mr. Stingray and ask if he'll tell you why.

looks great

The exhaust looks fantastic. Stainless? I decided to learn to TIG and build my own stainless setup for my K20 swap end-to-end, so - yeah, that'll take some time.

Keep up the good work.

Looking good. The double center outlets do look very good.

Can't wait to see what comes next!

Really coming along

This is really starting to take shape... Those tires are sic!! I like the MR2 parts in there too. Good job.

Nice one. I am always uncomfortable with engine stands strung together.

It looks like it is flying and banking in a tight turn.

So how did you get it in the air?

How did you get he car high enough to put the pivots in the rotisserie tubes? Never thought to ask before but curious how risky that operation was. :) Yeah is does look like a banking fighter plane.

I might be interested

After I am done with the body work, this jig will be up for sale... I'm about 20 miles north of Houston Texas... Anyone interested in buying it I'll let it go for a reasonably fair price... No real way to ship something like this unless you just wanted the ends... I'm sure shipping would be expensive anyway. A piece of 11ga. 2"x2" square tube 12' long is all you would need to couple the ends like I have it now...

Depending on price. I'm in the North Dallas area. PM me when you are done with it.

Thanks,
Pete

Ouch! Nice work. Really painful but necessary if you were to proceed.

Looking forward to the next installment, well not looking forward given the pain it is for you, but it is still nice to see you moving forward and how you are doing it.

Congrats on continuing to move this forward. Quite a remarkable project and always happy to see progress being shared. Thank you

Back