Bertone art prints from the studio.

Yeah I won't sweat it too much but broadcasting on the www sometimes could make strange things happen...but I'd just offer them to the community here.

Some of these prints are still in transit from Torino so I'll have to see if originals or not.
My connection told me 2 of the 3 were on the wall in the Bertone studio... so could indeed be original prints.
But I've seen these before so I know they were offered FS by Bertone at the museum too.

I'll go the FedEx printing route like Mike & Rodger suggest.

And these to me are like the shroud of Bertone so they would not be leaving my possession as I'm somewhat worried of damaging them during the copy process as it is.
I've asked around and consensus is that the quality is very nice having poster prints made that way via FedEx.
I work many hours a week..frankly over 50-60 hours, so once the other prints arrive I'll make the assessment and start posting in the FSW section with options and pricing before I start making copies.

I would just charge $25.00 over the actual FE copy per print cost and shipping.:grouphug:

another thought on sharing them. If kinko's (or who ever) is doing the printing. With their fancy systems they have. ?? I wonder if they could scan their and print in many different offices??

Greg, your photo is awesome

You should be able to take your prints to a office supplier (like Staples or Office Depot) and have them scanned to a high resolution pdf.

If you're sharing, I'm interested! :excited:

I wouldn't worry too much about offering them for sale here but if you branch out to make a large profit then the new owner of the Bertone name make want a slice of the action... Like 120% of the action.
I can't wait to see the total set that you will offer. I will be only able to afford a couple of pieces.
No rush... We all will appreciate anything you will have time for.
Take care and keep us posted,
Mike

Nebraska Mike

giclee is spendy so not sure how many would be willing to purchase.

Greg

If you are buying a giclee print from a printer, confirm the type of paper it is printed on. Some just throw the term around to charge extra for diddly squat on cheap paper. Good printers will list the product description, so be sure to ask if they are selling it as a giclee and if the paper they use is not listed (dead giveaway of a fraud). A decent giclee needs to be created at no less than 300 dots per inch (DPI) resolution or you'll get fragmentation.

Yes it looks pretty expen$ive at first glance but professional series paper is more suitable than plain white copy paper. Longevity and color saturation on pro
paper is unmatched by cheap SOHO copy paper, that bleeds and fades. When you do your research on any paper you are looking to use, just note there are lots of different types of professional paper around that will react differently depending on what you are printing.

For giclee printing, the paper substrate used to actually print the final piece must be of archival quality. Typically it will say it is acid free and consists of a 100% cotton or rag base. Good pro' series paper will indicate if it is archival quality on the box. These are the best papers for longevity and colour reproduction, and can be found at a variety of different manufacturers. Some common examples are Epson with their Signature Worthy series and Moab with their Somerset and other professional paper lines.

If the triptych idea takes your fancy then look at "gallery wrap" unmounted so it can be rolled ( not too tight ) into a decent robust cardboard tube for shipping. That way the lucky few can head down to their local IKEA and pick up a cheap print, strip it for the frame and stretch it around the frame with a staple gun. Or head to a local art framer for a good job which won't cost a bomb.

Good luck

16 x 20 giclee on canvas (the Matte 410gsm is the go) ... at under $60 print cost I wouldn't call that spendy...and for international shipping as Sandy says, a stout cardboard tube is all that's needed.

I'd even go 1.5 x size at 24" x 30" ($130 for the first print and $100 for each after)... and don't have any problem at all if you add in 25% for your time and effort (plus postage) and I'm still in.

I did quite a bit of my late wife's art work for various family members and they turned out so well that we even sold copies to the public... her original artwork always sold for !000's of dollars at art shows, so lots of people were very happy to pay several hundred for limited edition numbered and signed prints.

You really need a super high resolution image to start with though, but the printer will likely have the required equipment.

SteveC

Good info.

Okay good info so I'll probably start this at the end of August with some time off from work.

Maybe I'll offer two types giclee and a "regular" copy on fine art paper for those on a budget.
a friend recommended Still River in the link I posted above so I'm sure they can cover everything needed for this as they are supposed to be top notch and I'll ask about the DPI for the giclee.
No interest for me in the triptych as it would be a bit much in my opinion.

https://postimage.org/

Friend emailed me more prints found.
These are on transparent paper (A3 size) that you can put a card behind of any color and then have them framed.
They are very rare and Bertone often used them as small gifts sometimes signed by Nuccio.
Looks like they were from the original X1/9 factory photos I already have.

even I'm getting overwhelmed now..:nuts:

https://postimage.org/

Wow!!! This is great! What a treasure trove. Really some history there. Don't give any of the originals up unless to a museum.
Generating some prints for others to enjoy but never give up the originals.
V/r, Mike

Nebraska Mike

GREG!!!!

Please open a museum, and please write a book on the X1/9. I love the collection of stuff that you have, wow... amazing!!

Thanks for sharing this bit of history!

more still to come from Torino.

Myron now if I can only afford to get all the stuff professionally framed..little by little..:mallet:

Yeah I won't sweat it too much but broadcasting on the www sometimes could make strange things happen...but I'd just offer them to the community here.

Some of these prints are still in transit from Torino so I'll have to see if originals or not.
My connection told me 2 of the 3 were on the wall in the Bertone studio... so could indeed be original prints.
But I've seen these before so I know they were offered FS by Bertone at the museum too.

I'll go the FedEx printing route like Mike & Rodger suggest.

And these to me are like the shroud of Bertone so they would not be leaving my possession as I'm somewhat worried of damaging them during the copy process as it is.
I've asked around and consensus is that the quality is very nice having poster prints made that way via FedEx.
I work many hours a week..frankly over 50-60 hours, so once the other prints arrive I'll make the assessment and start posting in the FSW section with options and pricing before I start making copies.

I would just charge $25.00 over the actual FE copy per print cost and shipping.:grouphug:

Hi Greg, ill be really really interested in some of those reprints seriously speaking.
So keep us posted!!

Back