Leaving the X1/9 game...

TechnoHippie

Low Mileage
Hey everyone. I haven't put a lot of posts out here - but I've been a member for years. Over the years I've had a fleet of X1/9's - 16 in all. Had many good times with them as you can imagine. Well the time has come and I've decided to get out of the X1/9's.

I've been into sports cars since before I could walk - my dad having a Lotus Europa when I was a kid, then a series of Alfa Romeo's. Both my parents have always been active in various auto clubs like the Alfa Owner's club so it was a natural fit for me to buy my first X1/9 at age 19.

Times have changed - and the cars no longer seemed quick enough or handle well enough for me with the new age of sports cars on the market. I really reeeeallly looked into taking one of mine and doing the K20 conversion - but the costs seemed just to high considering what else you can get for that kind of money.

Which has brought me to my new love - I've picked up a 2005 Lotus Elise with both the Touring Pack and Sports Pack. Hey it's still a mid-engine car with a targa top - so I haven't drifted too far off course here. It's nice to have bight headlights, a cold A/C, a wiper that always works nice and fast, and able to sit in traffic on 100 degree day without overheating. Now at age 50, I consider this my grown-up x1/9 lol lol.

I will still come to this site on occasion to poke around and see what's going on - and who knows someday I might buy another one just for old-times-sake... but for now, after all these years, I'm not driving an x1/9.

I would like to thank everyone here that has contributed to this site - for all those who've helped me out with great things like the brown-wire-update and parts supplies I can never than you guys enough.

So long for now everyone :)

Back