What did you do to your X1/9 today ?

I just replaced 3 vacuum hoses with modern day silicon lines... I was amazed at how cruddy the original lines were, especially the one to the timing advance on the distributor. The car only has 5000 miles and they were visibly deformed, all do to years...

I kept everything black, so it looks original..

Ed

Nice color. Those are just about my favorite X wheels.

Thanks. I certainly like them more now and think they make the car look much better now that they've been painted. The black daisy pattern and trim rings really didn't do much for the car. I used "steel" colored wheel paint from autozone. I think it's Duplicolor.

Thanks. I certainly like them more now and think they make the car look much better now that they've been painted. The black daisy pattern and trim rings really didn't do much for the car. I used "steel" colored wheel paint from autozone. I think it's Duplicolor.
Came out great

Dyno Tune Today

Took the k20x19 to the tuner today.

upload_-1

upload_-1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dR_1bqcRytY

The #s are good but will be WAY better when I get a new fuel pump. We could not take it past 7.25k as the pump couldn't keep up.

Thanks fellas. Im undecided on them. I got the wheels (which are MINT) for a steal of a deal, so I really couldnt pass em up. Im still on the hunt for other wheels though..... Its been a dream of mine to be a wheel whore. Lol

Storage

Thanks fellas. Im undecided on them. I got the wheels (which are MINT) for a steal of a deal, so I really couldnt pass em up. Im still on the hunt for other wheels though..... Its been a dream of mine to be a wheel whore. Lol

I sometimes wonder exactly how many sets of those wheels were sold. Everybody seems to have a set. I have one set now and sold a set years ago. They were obviously well made to have so many survivors in good condition.

You will need a lot of storage space to achieve your dream. ;) I have a few sets of wheels and storage is an issue. Especially if you want to keep tires on them so they are ready for use.

Damn fine job Tim

This is with the supercharger installed?

Getting the RPM up to 8k should push the HP well over 300. Woo hoo!

Congratulations.

Pete

This is with the supercharger installed?

Getting the RPM up to 8k should push the HP well over 300. Woo hoo!

Congratulations.

Pete

We made 299 today. There was more to have with some cam timing changes, but it would not have been "street" tuned and just bragging rights for a dyno pull. This will likely be the last time I ever tune this car.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVV8vc7QLV4

This car has been a ton of fun...Oh and if you just want to see the fireworks fast forward to a minute 1:10...

Added a new circuit to power two USB power adapters in the rear of the X. One is located inside the targa and powers a drive cam. The other located in the spare tire well powers two USB cables which can reach the front console if necessary. Both run off a separate fused relay which is switched by the ignition.
af227ec046aadb9bc393d2c898c3563b.jpg

9101b6cd7495242fd2fe87e88d31dc0c.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Added a data logging toggle switch to the k20x kpro ECU

After I left my Tuner yesterday, I noticed the car ran just a tad warmer at speed and RPMs between 4-5k where the vtec can kick in. Not surprised due to the changes in cam timing we did to increase HP. Most tuners will ask for an exported data log which is sort of pain; you have to hook up the laptop and log to it as you drive or turn data logging on in the ECU and sort of pain to enable disable easily (you have to use triggers like RPM over "X" amount or speed under "x" amount )to end the log.

You can also add an external "switch" to enable or disable by tapping into the engine harness and sending a signal to the ECU externally.

I added a toggle switch and use this feature in kmanager (the software used to config and control the ECU)

datalogging-enable.gif

datalogging-manual.gif

I selected the using a manual switch option and selected "E16 Power steering pressure switch (GND=off)"

This is referring to the pin # 16 on the engine harness that connects to the ECU:

econnector.jpg

With a toggle switch close or open the ground signal to turn logging on or off. The ECU stores the logs and I can download them with my laptop when ready. Pretty handy :)

finally got off my tail and replaced the water pump. not a tough project at all on an 86 with the rear access hatch.

(also replaced the tail light assembly that I had to rob off the yellow so the wife could take off on a road trip with the Blue).

It was great to run around the block today and then into town to pick up a few things.

Brakes and wheel bearing

Rebuilt the front calipers, new rotors, pads, lines, and one front wheel bearing. I still need to bleed out a bit of air (I assume) as the pedal is soft. Not a bad days work.

Back