Finally Complete

Mark

FIATFREAK
I've been busy finishing all the small details on the restoration of this 32,000 mile 1974:

Debating whether to install the PBS 1600 and Alquati 5 speed.

Not sure how I feel about it

Gee Mark,

Not sure how I feel about it. I think you should ship it to me for an in person inspection and testing period. (I was up early and decided to beat Papa Tony to his traditional post.)

Looks sweet Mark, very well done. :clap:

Gee Mark,

Not sure how I feel about it. I think you should ship it to me for an in person inspection and testing period. (I was up early and decided to beat Papa Tony to his traditional post.)

Looks sweet Mark, very well done. :clap:

How about when I take it for a test drive I swing by your place and give you a ride in it before I take it back to Mark?

Very nice!

I think the bumpers look great. And you have a cap on the choke knob. Did you refurb the dash?

How did you restore the dash?

I think most of us would like to know how to reburb a dash. Any chance you could show us how to do it? Yours looks great and as you know, good ones are very difficult to find.

BTW - A warmed over 1600 with a 5 spd conversion would an ideal combination for a '74. Nice lightweight, powerful combination. I dare say that if Fiat could have/would have sold them with that drivetrain the X1/9 would have much more respect today!

It was me...

Hey Mark sorry about all those gathering village peasants with all the pitchforks and torches. I've been spreading word around that you are an insomniac cyborg italophile perfectionist. Big words tend to frighten them. Fantastic work on the car BTW! I know how you do EVERYTHING yourself. Amazing. You have me wondering what's next up your sleeve. One day I'll make good on my threat to come visit.

Mark,
I will have my 86 X there tomorrow!!!
Looks wonderful, especially the seats.
Wished I had the talent and patients to do work like that. Just wonderful.
V/r, Mike

Nebraska Mike

So nice! Now you can just drive it and enjoy all of the jealous stares. You are going to drive it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So nice! Now you can just drive it and enjoy all of the jealous stares. You are going to drive it?

Actually, I now have 2 identical looking X1/9s. I planned on selling this one and keeping the '85, but the California smog laws has me rethinking which one to hold onto.

Last edited:
You said it was DONE! Now leave it alone...

Absolutely great work Mark, Congratulations.

I see Jiminy D beat me to the punch so I guess you'll be shipping the car to St. Louis for some long-term testing... but summer is coming and we are looking at triple digits this weekend. This would be a good time for me to do a thorough hi-temp load test on the cooling system for ya.

Let me know and I'll see if I can squeeze you into my schedule.

As for selling them or one... DON'T. But if you do, sell the late model. You can always get another.

Back