2017 Fiat 124 Spider / Website Up!

Any of us that have owned Miatas can tell you that any input from Mazda for the new 124 is a good thing! We all wish the styling had been more distinct from the Miata but odds are the new 124 would not have happened otherwise.

And guess what? The build an price function doesn't work!! Also LESS color selections for the more expensive Abarth?? Geez Fiat come on.

Anybody know what the "Red Brembo Brake Package" option for the Abarth version consists of ? The Build and Price function doesn't really explain it. Hopefully it's a lot more than just a set of red painted calipers....especially for an additional $1500.

I agree the blue is nice, as well as the red.

I'd way prefer this over the current Mazda version which I think is overstyled and rather silly looking.

So an Abarth with leather Recaros and the "Red Brembo" brake package (I still wish they would explain that in more detail) is about $32K. That's not too bad.

However I do think the front end on the "Classico" and "Lusso" looks cleaner without all that black plastic under the grille opening. That would take some getting used to. I also wish they would have endowed the Abarth with a bit more HP, preferably through more displacement rather than just adding more boost.

I have to think that perhaps the are testing the waters before fully diving in.

Maybe this is the fist generation and if it sells well they may try and develop the next generation by hiring Pinninfarina to design the the car. Using the Mazda platform removes some of the financial risk right now.

Maybe I am reading the package/specs wrong, but the difference in performance for the Abarth vs the others is almost none?

My local dealer just got in the 2017 Fiat 124. Black classica. $27,340 MSRP.

My thoughts. Not exciting. Not sexy. You can park any brand new 0 miles 1.5l X1/9 next to the 2017 Fiat 124 with 0 miles and the X will clearly beat it out in looks and style.

I'll probably still take a test drive, though.

Back