It's happening...

geekdaddy

X1/9 Learner's Permit...
When I determined that my seat covers were disintegrating and needed replacement, I decided to swap my seats, door panels, and firewall from black to white.

I've always liked the bright white look and in hot weather should be much more comfortable.

My local shop prepped the door cards and are finishing the seats. Trying to keep the look similar to stock. Used marine grade vinyl for durability and easier maintenance. Feels a lot like leather.

Covering the firewall now. Have the template cut and padding attached. Hope to start gluing soon. Spare tire sub mount is done. Carpet will go in after that and then back on the road!

5e8eac4017a56ac45653ea1f3db0d056.jpg

43541345a5e9b1a9bfde2a2f9412f98e.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Love It

Please keep the pictures coming - it is looking great! You are doing exactly what I want to do with my orange 81 that currently has a petrified tan interior.

The door lock bezels were damaged by the door card upholsterer. So I designed and printed some replacements. Was going to print them in black but had translucent/clear in the printer. I liked how the protos looked and will just go with them...
c9229133d1a3bbcc181c230cbc83f483.jpg

ca415b10fb00078da0058577cbe68939.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Laying the carpet. Nylon loop from MWB. More difficult than I expected and not for the feint of heart when it comes to making the cutouts... but so far so good.
9ecf5019976e395f67dd3e27b0506fce.jpg

geekdaddy,
She is looking really nice. Making me want to redo my interior.
Going to save your pics for later.
V/r, Mike

Nebraska Mike

Very nice work! Why not print yourself white lock buttons with a slender profile to match the rest ? They don't need the mushroom top.

I've had the MWB carpet, and have not been happy with it at all. I wish they had a more expensive (better quality) offering. I'm considering Henk Martens version now, however the center seam is off - putting.....

Very nice work! Why not print yourself white lock buttons with a slender profile to match the rest ? They don't need the mushroom top.

I've had the MWB carpet, and have not been happy with it at all. I wish they had a more expensive (better quality) offering. I'm considering Henk Martens version now, however the center seam is off - putting.....
I'm also disappointed in the MWB carpeting although I must admit I don't know the other options are any better. The carpet and backing seems fragile but is dramatically stronger where it's bonded to the very dense and high quality padding. So it took a lot of labor and a lot of glue to stick it down flat. But it came out pretty good and I hope with the bonded pad it will be durable. I even printed a little flange to cover the under seat spring mount to keep things clean. Some photos of progress below. Getting there...
8ee7014d4c73859fa061d1738ff97e80.jpg

3c764d5707191788be1e31e5a3890815.jpg

3603a017004b97be512e13b60b0ba692.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, that looks fantastic! Bold move, and you are right about reflecting heat rather than absorbing it all.

Bella! It looks really great! I like the clear lock bezels. Now for the final touch. You have to go to the drive through and get a chocolate ice cream cone to go.:)

Back