From Russia, with love

Mark

FIATFREAK
I found a web site in the Ukraine that sells parts for Ladas; many of which are interchangeable with Fiats. I took a chance and ordered some parts and was very pleasantly surprised. Even got some complimentary chocolates in the shipment. The oil pressure sender was less than $10. Same for the heater valve. The fuse block will be a great replacement for the early European fuses. The burning question is, are Russian Fiat parts better or worse than Italian Fiat Parts? ladapower.com

$41.39 (shipped):

$62.25 (shipped):

$6.90

$1.90

Last edited:
wow!..I want

that modern fuse block would be awesome, but I counted 13 fuses there, and x only has 12.....does it fit? one extra fuse would be nice.....

It's shorter, but will be an easy mod to install. Each fuse has 2 terminals in and 2 out.

Great find Mark, as for the QUALITY... its...

probably all OEM that the Fiat and Bertone used in the first place!

Cool - I'm of Ukrainian background (speak it, read/write it.. eat the food)... I'll have to check them out!

Thanks for the tip, Mark!

That fuseblock was EXACTLY what I was looking for in the '76 resto-mod. While I was on ladapower, I grabbed some more bits. I too can vouch for the speedy delivery: shipped on May 5th and showed up today May 16th (7 business days). The cost to ship was fully 1/3 the cost, so the parts are cheap but shipping wasn't: $34 parts, $17 shipping.

The booty, including the armband and chocolates:
IMG_20160516_153315_zpspz0bqjqn.jpg

You might wonder why I got the extra side marker gaskets - as I suspected, some are misshaped or just poorly manufactured, but hey - they were only 15¢ each, so I got 6. I should've gotten 8 as two of the six were poorly formed and one had some chunks out of the rubber on top. You can see the two on the far left one has the chunks out and the 2nd from left and far right one aren't perfectly square. But, hey - new rubber for a 40 year old car is good!

The fuse block (the primary reason for the order) is awesome. Feels solid and fuses fit great. Also, I took a snap of how it might fit into the early fuse area under the dashboard on the left side of car:
IMG_20160516_160310_zpspws2o18t.png

This will be quite easy to fit in there with a bracket and, since the plugs all face the correct rear-ward, hooking up the wiring harness should be much easier. Also of note is that the fuse block comes with ALL those fuses installed which I wasn't expecting. I picked up the ones I figured I'd likely need since they're really inexpensive.

Here's a grab of the invoice for those curious:
LadaPower%20Invoice_zpsjgqrjc4n.png

Thanks again for the tip, Mark! -Darin

More Goodies From Ladapower

More goodies from Ladapower. Less than 2 weeks door-to-door. The short fuse block is going in the 850.
Check out the chocolates they sent too. The world would be a better place if everyone gave chocolates.

Back