Front Turn Indicators

fan4elliott

I have been noticing while looking around the web at different x1/9 that the earlier versions had an amber and clear front turn indicator. Did both of the colors light up? Did the clear stay lit while the blinker was not on? I have not been able to find any picks of them lit up.

I'm not an expert but I think the two-color lenses you mention are the "euro" version and did indeed have one section that was constantly illuminated with the other running lights, and a separate flashing section. I think this is because it makes discerning the turn signal easier and was a European requirement. The dual-filament single-lens style is more common on US and similar market cars.

As Greg says and...

I personally have never seen the housing for a Euro light to see if it is indeed divided.

Ricardo here has cast some two color lenses that can be installed on a single lens housing.

IMHO I would think that it would be best to install a divider in order to not cast light onto the side that is not currently lit.

Hopefully one of our Euro friends can speak expertly with some photos.

Hello,
I haven't been on the forum for a while, but when I visited the other day, I saw something that I could provide a answer to. Here's some in detail pictures of the front indicators / turn signals. The bulbs have a plastic divider between them and separate reflectors, the reflector for the indicator is made of moulded and chromed plastic, while the side light reflector (if you can call it that!) is just angled steel (a bit rusty here).
The indicator bulb is higher wattage 21W I think, while the side light is lower wattage, 5W I think. Both are single filament.

Back