Progress on the '74

Can't wait for the pics...

This is exciting. Post away... I have to wait for the previous owner to get the signed ownership to me from Alberta in the midst of a possible mail strike so I can register mine. So I still haven't even had mine on the road for a 1 km run yet!! I am living vicariously though you man. Give us all the glorious details...

Dyno

Steve,

Butch and I were talking about that last night. Hoping to get there over the summer. The car was nice a solid, a little shake at 60-70, but I'll move the tires front to back and see if that helps, if not, get the rebalanced again. But she is running great, went to 7500 RPM last night and she was still pulling. The change to 4.08 gears does slow her down some, but makes for very comfortable cruising, which is the goal. We installed the original Fiat muffler that was on the 74, I'm sure its more restrictive but it gets us going for now. We'll look at other options later. For now, I just want to get driving:)

A few pics...

Here are a few pics, just got her home, swapped out the seats for the new ones and vacuumed her out. Headed to a cruise night tonight I hope. Andrew (PO) is going to do one more wet sand and then I can start polishing and polishing. I still have interior work to do, but that will happen over next winter.

post a picture

Three things Willy, OK, four...

1. Have a muffler shop replace the muffler with a newer free flow type... but insure it doesn't DRONE and squelches the "highs". Maybe even option it with clamps for muffler "testing".

2. See if you can find a NEW seal for the doors and top. I have used a ONE piece "SIDE BULB" seal and installed it starting at teh top of the windshield on one side, down and around and up over the Targa to do the same on the other. If you still have the two "corner seals" you can cut them off and reuse them, order two re-pops from Ricardo, or leave them off entirely. Our tops and doors seal miserably anyway and I hardly use a top anyway. Your choice, but this is one rough edge that distracts from all your hard work.

3. Carpet... if this carpet is OK I would dye it RED and then the BLACK seats and door cards would really POP. IO saw this done on an all BLACK Alfa once and it really stuck in my mind. Otherwise, consider a new one. Anyone can install a black one... Ha!

4. Great work and congratulations!

5. (I lied) Getcha some caps for those wheels... RED or YELLOW Abarth Scorpions... your choice!

Back